M
Maureen1125
Guest
I am genuinally curious as to what a seminarian can and can’t do…
Our Seminarian did Stations tonight, and I have no objection to that at all. However I noticed a couple things that he “missed” and it could be that he is not allowed or that he simply didn’t remember to do them.
1st - and this was kinda funny…he started at Station 2 - but read for station 1 and followed 1 station off the whole way around the church until he got to the 14th station. While I was giggling inside, there was another part of me that was annoyed thinking - how hard is it to look up and realize you are on the wrong station.
2nd - we have exposition and benediction during stations. upon placing the eucharist in the monstrace(sp?) and taking it out, he did not raise the monstrance and make the sign of the cross…is that reserved for a Priest or Deacon only?
3rd - he omitted the incensing. I love the smell of the incense so I was disappointed but again I thought, well maybe he is not allowed.
again…not really complaining, but genuinally curious if anyone can tell me what he is and isn’t allowed to do in the context of Stations of the Cross
Our Seminarian did Stations tonight, and I have no objection to that at all. However I noticed a couple things that he “missed” and it could be that he is not allowed or that he simply didn’t remember to do them.
1st - and this was kinda funny…he started at Station 2 - but read for station 1 and followed 1 station off the whole way around the church until he got to the 14th station. While I was giggling inside, there was another part of me that was annoyed thinking - how hard is it to look up and realize you are on the wrong station.
2nd - we have exposition and benediction during stations. upon placing the eucharist in the monstrace(sp?) and taking it out, he did not raise the monstrance and make the sign of the cross…is that reserved for a Priest or Deacon only?
3rd - he omitted the incensing. I love the smell of the incense so I was disappointed but again I thought, well maybe he is not allowed.
again…not really complaining, but genuinally curious if anyone can tell me what he is and isn’t allowed to do in the context of Stations of the Cross