M
marlap2
Guest
Steven, 25, is an oilrigger. I’ve known him since the very day he was born, and watched him grow up, and grab life with both hands. Although stuggling with ADHD, he had wonderful support from two loving parents and graduated from high school. The lure of great money took him away to the oilfields, where he lived the wild life. His girlfriends during those years were “fun” but shallow and no relationship really lasted. Until he met Trista, a lovely girl from New Zealand, who for the first time, stole his heart. Trista had a heart for those who suffered, and wanted to go to Africa one day to help children. She changed Steven’s life. He wanted to be a better man, and enrolled in school to become a psychiatric nurse. The two of them were on thier way to becoming a beautiful couple. Trista went home for Christmas, and returned a few days ago with her brother, who was to meet Steven for the first time. They lived about a half an hour away from Steven’s apartment, and she was anxious to see Steven for the first time since CHristmas. At 6:30 in the morning, she was getting into her car, calling out to her brother to hurry up, as she couldn’t wait to see her boy. At that time, a drunk driver, at 6:30am in the morning, drove into her and instantly killed her. Her brother heard and saw his sister lying dead.
A senseless act. Only God understands. Steven is broken. As is Trista’s parents and brothers. Although Steven was moving closer and closer to an understanding of God. (I gave him a crucifix last year for Christmas, and he was so happy) He was moving towards Christ, although he had not been brought up that way. Now he is angry at God and like all of us, doesn’t understand. I want to give him the words, but there are none. Just my silent prayers. I tried to console his mother (my best friend) this morning, but tears get in the way.
Please pray for this whole family and for the man who hit Trista yesterday morning.
I know that only God understands, and that even in the face of tragedy, there is a plan. And I pray for God’s peace, even in the face of such devastation.
God Bless
Marla
A senseless act. Only God understands. Steven is broken. As is Trista’s parents and brothers. Although Steven was moving closer and closer to an understanding of God. (I gave him a crucifix last year for Christmas, and he was so happy) He was moving towards Christ, although he had not been brought up that way. Now he is angry at God and like all of us, doesn’t understand. I want to give him the words, but there are none. Just my silent prayers. I tried to console his mother (my best friend) this morning, but tears get in the way.
Please pray for this whole family and for the man who hit Trista yesterday morning.
I know that only God understands, and that even in the face of tragedy, there is a plan. And I pray for God’s peace, even in the face of such devastation.
God Bless
Marla