Sewing Patterns for Altar Servers robes

  • Thread starter Thread starter coreybock
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

coreybock

Guest
Hello,

First time entry. Googling to find a sewing pattern for Altar Server robes and was led to Catholic Answers so I thought I’d give it a try. Having a home sewing business, my Pastor asked if I would make new altar server robes. Can anyone suggestion a place where I could find a pattern? I can copy the old ones, but a pattern would be much better. Thanks.
 
I saw that site, it says, the deacons stole.
hmm, the deacons stole what? lol
 
I assume you mean albs.

However, some parishes prefer cassock and surplice.

The challenge here is that the cassock is pretty much a fitted garment and requires much more tailoring than does an alb. It’s NOT for the squeamish or amateur. I know a priest who could make beautiful vestments, but his attempts at cassocks never fitted or hung properly.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top