A
ahs
Guest
I really hate to beat a dead horse, but this topic does come up fairly often for me, and I know there are still many folks who have not been given adequate answers to their concerns. I also happen to know that not all Catholics are comfortable talking about the subject, and some might be in danger of having their faith weakened because of it. It is for these reasons (plus the anonymous comment that was posted on one of my blog articles) that I decided to write a researched and thorough investigation on the sex abuse crisis, where it is occurring, and who is doing something about it.
CA has some primer-type info on the scandal within the Church, but I have found that these are only helpful if you already know some hard-data and are confident with the actual facts. This article is intended to give solid facts from primary sources. It makes no excuses, hides nothing, and points out the glaring elephant in the room…that the Catholic Church has little company in trying to protect children.
The Sex-Abuse Crisis: What are Christians Doing About It?
I forgot to mention, if anyone finds anything within there helpful and useful, you are free to use it without quoting me*. I’m pretty sure I didn’t come up with anything original while writing this.
As for the sources within there (if you quote a source that I also quoted), just use common sense and give credit to the original author(s).
*There is an exception for the picture I used. Please do not use that without asking first. It was given to me by a very special contributor and I don’t want it being misused.
CA has some primer-type info on the scandal within the Church, but I have found that these are only helpful if you already know some hard-data and are confident with the actual facts. This article is intended to give solid facts from primary sources. It makes no excuses, hides nothing, and points out the glaring elephant in the room…that the Catholic Church has little company in trying to protect children.
The Sex-Abuse Crisis: What are Christians Doing About It?
I forgot to mention, if anyone finds anything within there helpful and useful, you are free to use it without quoting me*. I’m pretty sure I didn’t come up with anything original while writing this.
*There is an exception for the picture I used. Please do not use that without asking first. It was given to me by a very special contributor and I don’t want it being misused.