Sex change

  • Thread starter Thread starter Socrates_1
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
“There are some things only experts can believe, and one of them is the whole transgender mess. The common man and woman must stand on their common sense and say no, sometimes loudly, to the experts who are trying to poison our minds and the minds of our young. You may be ostracized. If that is the price, so be it.”

Source
 
Hello my fellow Catholics, Orthodoxs, Protestants, Jews, Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists, Confucists, Pagans, Heathens and assorted believers!

I have Faith, like most of you on here, but I also seek Understanding, like most of you on here.

Well, right to business.

I am having difficult trying to get though to the youth why “sex-changes” are evil and a mortal sin. But the world is trying to justify it by using Clown Fish as an example of creatures that can change their sex. But I am skeptical of the claim “change their sex”… just as I was when I read one news headline, “A man gives birth to a baby girl” The man in question wasn’t really a man, but a mutilated woman. Anyone familiar with these fish? I’m like saying to God. You have to help me out here because I can’t tell these people its wrong if your own creatures do this.

Sincerely,

Soc
Hamsters eat their young… See the logical missteps of applying animals to humans…
 
“There are some things only experts can believe, and one of them is the whole transgender mess. The common man and woman must stand on their common sense and say no, sometimes loudly, to the experts who are trying to poison our minds and the minds of our young. You may be ostracized. If that is the price, so be it.”

Source
Thank you, Jim. This topic is the next battle, and poison is the right word. I’ve watched the Body of Christ slowly poisoned in the West over the last 40 years.

Ed
 
Under certain conditions they are. Some natural abnormality may be present in the subject, but these people should be rare, extremely rare and not has common as there are now. Most of these are wishful thinking and following a ‘fad’ of these times. It desecrates the temple that is our bodies.

There first should be a time out period to see if future events iron out any problems that were the cause of desire.

The cases need to have a long close medical study before a decision is made. The subject should have seen a psychiatrist and have lab work done for proper hormone levels. It takes a long time for these tests to show what is the normal physiology for this one subject. It would take a long time and many medical opinions by doctors, and some of them should be Catholic physicians. I would venture that is should take one or two years of close study BEFORE any decision is made.
 
Natural law is based on human persons acting in ways that are most truly human, not acting like or imitating animals. So an appeal to the behavior of animals does not inform us as to moral or truly human behavior.

[Deuteronomy]
{22:5} A woman shall not be clothed with manly apparel, nor shall a man make use of feminine apparel. For whoever does these things is abominable with God.

This verse on clothing can be interpreted as referring to the body itself, since our souls are clothed, in a sense, with our bodies. In other words, if it is offensive for a man or woman to dress like the other gender, how much more offensive is it for a man or woman to change the body to that of the other gender.
 
Natural law is based on human persons acting in ways that are most truly human, not acting like or imitating animals. So an appeal to the behavior of animals does not inform us as to moral or truly human behavior.

[Deuteronomy]
{22:5} A woman shall not be clothed with manly apparel, nor shall a man make use of feminine apparel. For whoever does these things is abominable with God.

This verse on clothing can be interpreted as referring to the body itself, since our souls are clothed, in a sense, with our bodies. In other words, if it is offensive for a man or woman to dress like the other gender, how much more offensive is it for a man or woman to change the body to that of the other gender.
Do you accept the Deuteronomy quote as forbidding the wearing by women of (eg.) pants, or of seeking to pass herself off as a man by means of clothing? Or something else?
 
Do you accept the Deuteronomy quote as forbidding the wearing by women of (eg.) pants, or of seeking to pass herself off as a man by means of clothing? Or something else?
It is not intrinsically evil for a woman to wear pants, so it depends on intention and circumstances.

I would say the verse instructs men and women to dress differently, to show their understanding and acceptance of God’s will that men and women have different roles, to some extent, in the Church, the family, and society. But since this difference in roles is not absolute, neither is the distinction in clothing. (For example, only men can be priests, but many other roles are open to both men and women.) So women can wear pants, but in general men and women should dress differently.

But if we interpret the verse as applying to gender change, then it is intrinsically evil to attempt to change one’s gender (in any of various ways). The human body and human sexuality is inherent to the person as created by God. Deliberately attempting to change gender is a rejection of the gift of God of one’s gender.
 
It is not intrinsically evil for a woman to wear pants, so it depends on intention and circumstances.

I would say the verse instructs men and women to dress differently, to show their understanding and acceptance of God’s will that men and women have different roles, to some extent, in the Church, the family, and society. But since this difference in roles is not absolute, neither is the distinction in clothing. (For example, only men can be priests, but many other roles are open to both men and women.) So women can wear pants, but in general men and women should dress differently.

But if we interpret the verse as applying to gender change, then it is intrinsically evil to attempt to change one’s gender (in any of various ways). The human body and human sexuality is inherent to the person as created by God. Deliberately attempting to change gender is a rejection of the gift of God of one’s gender.
That all sounds reasonable, though I think those pursuing sex change are faced with a God given body in conflict with their God-given mind. Now I don’t know if it is right to hold that God prescribes that circumstance, or merely allows it, but their act is at least understandable, as opposed to wanton self-indulgence as some seem to believe.
 
That all sounds reasonable, though I think those pursuing sex change are faced with a God given body in conflict with their God-given mind. Now I don’t know if it is right to hold that God prescribes that circumstance, or merely allows it, but their act is at least understandable, as opposed to wanton self-indulgence as some seem to believe.
I don’t agree. We are all fallen sinners. Concupiscence, and our own personal sins, and the influence of sinful secular society can result in persons thinking that they are a different gender or wishing to be a different gender, rather than accepting their own gender by cooperation with grace.

The same concept applies to persons who have a homosexual orientation. This occurs due to our fallen state, by the influence of concupiscence, personals sins, and sinful society. I don’t believe God chooses to give some persons that orientation.
 
I don’t agree. We are all fallen sinners. Concupiscence, and our own personal sins, and the influence of sinful secular society can result in persons thinking that they are a different gender or wishing to be a different gender, rather than accepting their own gender by cooperation with grace.

The same concept applies to persons who have a homosexual orientation. This occurs due to our fallen state, by the influence of concupiscence, personals sins, and sinful society. I don’t believe God chooses to give some persons that orientation.
I don’t believe God chooses to give someone SSA or gender dysphoria or congenital blindness etc. either. But you speak of “God given gender” so it’s not surprising that the afflicted may see their totality as God-given.

“Our fallen state” admits a wide range of explanations for these experiences, including things which are scientifically discoverable. So your explanation for these conditions admits just about all possible factors.
 
I want to thank all of you for participating in this thread regarding “sex change”. I appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Special thanks to GEddie - your crisp, succinct erudite style is an asset to this forum. But I wanted to share with you a little ‘golden nugget’ which I stumbled upon, rather accidentally.

“It should be noted that in both cases, the original genetic makeup of the fish does not change. Fish born female will contain XX chromosomes, while fish born male will retain their XY chromosomes, no matter what sex they might eventually become.”

This forum is a great resource for the Church. In fact, I wouldn’t be surprised if some Church leaders frequent this forum as observers or even as participants. Because when the Church body discusses an issue and everyone gets involved good things happen. We clarify for ourselves and the world what we instinctively know to be true (senus fidelium) and which the Magisterum corroborates - because the Spirit at work in her members is the same Spirit who stamps the approval.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top