R
Romans15_5_7
Guest
Long story short: I’m engaged!!! Fiance is Catholic, I’m Protestant (Don’t worry- kids will be raised in the Catholic church). We like NFP, we agree with Catholic church’s stance on contraception, and we’re using NFP for a few years until we start a nice big family (yes, we have valid and dire reasons to avoid at this point- we’re both in graduate school and have no income).
Now, I need some serious support! It’s all fine and well if you used birth control for five years of marriage, got financially stable and ready to start a family, and now spout off the benefits of your newly-found NFP on your marriage and love life… but your perspective is not really what I’m looking for. Where are other couples like us who after years of dating are finally ready to express our love physically, but are looking at a potentially abstinent honeymoon? I haven’t found you yet, but I know you must be out there! Your (name removed by moderator)ut and support would be so great right now.
Did you even plan a honeymoon? Did you go out of the country? How did you resist the temptation to be irresponsible with your fertility? How were you able to overcome the fear of becoming pregnant (society screams unprotected sex=babies) and enjoy the experience? I really have no one to talk with about this, except my fiance. My parents think I’m nuts and are pretty concerned about me finishing grad. school, and his parents contracepted until they were infertile and probably have a hard time putting themselves in our shoes. They are happy about our decision, but not happy enough to extend our honeymoon so that we can at least consummate the marriage during that time.
I don’t want to sound bitter- and if you didn’t go through this and still want to give advice, please, by all means, do! I just need extra understanding here. It isn’t like your average monthly period of abstinence for a couple in their forties- we are young, ridiculously in love, and very “excited” to give ourselves to each other in a God-pleasing manner. I also do not need a lecture about the morality of NFP- at this point, Janet Smith, C. West, and the Von Hildebrand family have already been read and are on the bookshelf. Thanks so much in advance!
Now, I need some serious support! It’s all fine and well if you used birth control for five years of marriage, got financially stable and ready to start a family, and now spout off the benefits of your newly-found NFP on your marriage and love life… but your perspective is not really what I’m looking for. Where are other couples like us who after years of dating are finally ready to express our love physically, but are looking at a potentially abstinent honeymoon? I haven’t found you yet, but I know you must be out there! Your (name removed by moderator)ut and support would be so great right now.
Did you even plan a honeymoon? Did you go out of the country? How did you resist the temptation to be irresponsible with your fertility? How were you able to overcome the fear of becoming pregnant (society screams unprotected sex=babies) and enjoy the experience? I really have no one to talk with about this, except my fiance. My parents think I’m nuts and are pretty concerned about me finishing grad. school, and his parents contracepted until they were infertile and probably have a hard time putting themselves in our shoes. They are happy about our decision, but not happy enough to extend our honeymoon so that we can at least consummate the marriage during that time.
I don’t want to sound bitter- and if you didn’t go through this and still want to give advice, please, by all means, do! I just need extra understanding here. It isn’t like your average monthly period of abstinence for a couple in their forties- we are young, ridiculously in love, and very “excited” to give ourselves to each other in a God-pleasing manner. I also do not need a lecture about the morality of NFP- at this point, Janet Smith, C. West, and the Von Hildebrand family have already been read and are on the bookshelf. Thanks so much in advance!