C
CastingCrown
Guest
Okay, up-front, this is a bit of shameless promotion of my blog
. If you administrators here donāt think itās appropriate, please feel free to delete this thread 
I recently wrote a series of long emails to a friend of mine who is considering leaving the Catholic Church. Each email addressed a number of different issues with which he was struggling (Catholic.com was a marvelous help in doing this).
As I responded to each of his objections, I struck by the way in which he (a) often simply didnāt know what the Church taught on an issue (he had many Protestant misconceptions), (b) didnāt know the reason for many Catholic beliefs, particularly the scriptural foundation for them and (c) he knew nothing of the Church in the first four centuries (I, myself, only ādiscoveredā the Early Church Fathers about 9 months ago).
I am sure he is not alone in this. I have therefore decided to start publishing in blog-form modified versions of what I sent my friend. Iāve been publicizing these posts on Facebook as I have many Protestant friends. In terms of tone, I am trying to pitch this at the gentler end of the apologetics spectrum. So, feel free to stop by and say āHiā and I hope it may be of some use to you.
ThisRestlessPilgim.wordpress.com
I recently wrote a series of long emails to a friend of mine who is considering leaving the Catholic Church. Each email addressed a number of different issues with which he was struggling (Catholic.com was a marvelous help in doing this).
As I responded to each of his objections, I struck by the way in which he (a) often simply didnāt know what the Church taught on an issue (he had many Protestant misconceptions), (b) didnāt know the reason for many Catholic beliefs, particularly the scriptural foundation for them and (c) he knew nothing of the Church in the first four centuries (I, myself, only ādiscoveredā the Early Church Fathers about 9 months ago).
I am sure he is not alone in this. I have therefore decided to start publishing in blog-form modified versions of what I sent my friend. Iāve been publicizing these posts on Facebook as I have many Protestant friends. In terms of tone, I am trying to pitch this at the gentler end of the apologetics spectrum. So, feel free to stop by and say āHiā and I hope it may be of some use to you.
ThisRestlessPilgim.wordpress.com