D
DaveBj
Guest
Our pastor has been known to cough/sneeze into his hand during Mass, and then distributing Holy Communion with the hand that he sneezed/coughed into. Today he was really sick, to the point that he almost collapsed behind the altar, had to interrupt the eucharistic prayer and go sit down, and then go off into the sacristy for a few minutes. He came back (blowing his nose into a handkerchief and still coughing into his hand) and eventually distributed Holy Communion, as usual.
I received Communion as usual, but I’m thinking maybe I ought to skip it when Father is sick. I’ve been sick a lot myself this winter (two colds, with followup bronchitis), and I’m wondering if maybe we’re perhaps just trading the same cold back and forth.
Thoughts, anyone?
DaveBj
I received Communion as usual, but I’m thinking maybe I ought to skip it when Father is sick. I’ve been sick a lot myself this winter (two colds, with followup bronchitis), and I’m wondering if maybe we’re perhaps just trading the same cold back and forth.
Thoughts, anyone?
DaveBj