M
mattkubes
Guest
So I realise that this might seem like an odd question, but I’m being sincere. I’ve never felt a very strong devotion to praying the Rosary, though I do enjoy praying it from time to time (I find the Sorrowful Mysteries really moving). I’ve recently started praying the four major hours in the Liturgy of the Hours and I’ve begun to like it so much that I just ordered the four-volume set - just a few minutes ago actually! For over a year now, I’ve felt a subtle urge to start paying the Divine Office, since before I even knew what it was, and now I’m really in love with it.
But here’s my question, should I be using this in conjunction with private devotionals? I still offer up sporadic prayers throughout the day (a Hail Mary or two here, the “Eternal Rest” prayer there), but at times I feel like I’m one of the few practicing Catholics not offering up a daily Rosary or one of the many Chaplets.
I’m not sure which section this question belongs in, but after a bit of thinking, I thought I should ask for some advice. Any words of wisdom you can offer me?
But here’s my question, should I be using this in conjunction with private devotionals? I still offer up sporadic prayers throughout the day (a Hail Mary or two here, the “Eternal Rest” prayer there), but at times I feel like I’m one of the few practicing Catholics not offering up a daily Rosary or one of the many Chaplets.
I’m not sure which section this question belongs in, but after a bit of thinking, I thought I should ask for some advice. Any words of wisdom you can offer me?