Should I go to Confession

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ryanb27
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, gotcha. Was trying to figure out where you found an open confessional at 8 AM in the middle of the week! 😛 You’ve got better resources than I do— we get scheduled confession once during Lent, and once during Advent. 🙂
 
I just started going to church 3 weeks ago after being away from the church probably 15 years
 
I was respectful at the church

It’s only on here that I voiced my opinion like this
 
Yes, but when you’re talking to someone in lala land, surely you notice?

Suppose someone’s trying to help you with your math. And it’s going totally over your head. Do you think the other person can’t tell that it’s not having any effect?

Now put it in a sacramental context.
 
Last edited:
You have a lot to take care of. Good luck with your treatment, and good luck with your path back. 💙
 
Why are you going? (It’s not meant as a rude or rhetorical question… I have a reason for asking I’ll come back to after you answer.)
 
Are you Catholic? Then confession is the only way to repair the damage to your relationship with God. Don’t stress - confess!

Not Catholic? Then, make as heartfelt a confession as you can to the Lord and then listen intently for what follows.
 
Ok… then why aren’t you making any effort to reconnect? Yes, you’re showing up, but you’re not trying.

If you had lost touch with your grandmother, would you just go to her house, sit without saying much, and not even listen to her when she talks, and expect a better relationship? The thing is, I’ll bet she would love you for it all the same, but you wouldn’t really have a connection. God is much the same way, except I can guarantee that he loves you.

What do you think is the obstacle? What’s holding you back?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top