Should I go to mass?

  • Thread starter Thread starter TheSecondMile
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TheSecondMile

Guest
A few days ago I made a commitment to doing some charity work later today so I planned on going to mass early. The problem is that I couldn’t make it to the early mass because my car got stuck in the snow. There is another mass within walking distance that I could make but the time conflicts with the charity work I said I would help with.

Do you think I should go to mass anyway?

I’m really conflicted because I know missing mass is a grave matter but I also have an obligation to help the poor and keep my promises.
 
Yes God comes first! However, you could go on Saturday evening.
 
As noble as it is, missing Mass because of doing charity work is not a valid excuse. Call and tell them you will be a little late or reschedule for next time.
 
If I were catholic and I’m not. If it were me and it’s not. I would do the charity work as promised then go to confession and tell the priest exactly what happened. I’ve read god knows our hearts and would know the intention involved and would know this is not something to be worried about. Set an intention not to let it happen again such as someone posted to go to mass Saturday eve instead. God would be pleased that you are taking action to help others. So many people go to church, mosque, temple, synagogue and think that that is more important than being good the rest of the time or helping others. Blessings to you and yours.
 
Thank you everyone for your replies.

I ended up going to a later Spanish mass and was late to the charity work but I got there in time to help serve.

I will make sure to plan ahead next time. I just wasn’t expecting a pile of snow in front of my car but the plow moved it all right there. I would have gone on Saturday but the roads were terrible (the church I walk to doesn’t offer mass on Saturday).
 
Thank you everyone for your replies.

I ended up going to a later Spanish mass and was late to the charity work but I got there in time to help serve.

I will make sure to plan ahead next time. I just wasn’t expecting a pile of snow in front of my car but the plow moved it all right there. I would have gone on Saturday but the roads were terrible (the church I walk to doesn’t offer mass on Saturday).
👍 Well done!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top