Should you worship where you work?

  • Thread starter Thread starter catholicanne
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you go to Mass there to check out the preaching before applying for the job?
 
I have heard maybe ONE priest vaguely support women’s ordination- in a conversation over dinner- which I, of course don’t agree with.

But have NEVER heard any priest say the things you write within the context of Mass.

If they did- they are SO OUT THERE- and would certainly need a talk with their Bishop.
 
Why would I make it up?

Yes, he says these things.
A few priests do say these things, but usually not the ones who aren’t willing to be dismissed. Not every priest who says outrageous things is dismissed, though, especially among the ones who are very near retirement. Bishops only get to choose so many battles; they usually go for the ones with more in the way of long-term results.
 
Did you go to Mass there to check out the preaching before applying for the job?
In retrospect, yes, she might have had coffee with someone on the “Peace and Justice Committee” to feel out what issues that pastor is passionate about–if this parish doesn’t have one, I’d be surprised–but I’m doubting the issues in question come up in homilies very often. A little public dissent goes a very long way.
 
I have heard maybe ONE priest vaguely support women’s ordination- in a conversation over dinner- which I, of course don’t agree with.

But have NEVER heard any priest say the things you write within the context of Mass.

If they did- they are SO OUT THERE- and would certainly need a talk with their Bishop.
🤷 Fr. Bob Pierson, read his resignation letter (from a campus ministry) at the student Mass in support “gay rights” after the Holy See issued its instructions to seminaries about ordaining those with deep seated homosexual tendencies.

He now spends his time campaigning against the marriage amendment in Minnesota. (Though granted not at Mass, as far as I know).
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top