Show Me Where It Says & Collect $5K

• Thread starter Thread starter HagiaSophia
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
H

HagiaSophia

State Rep. Alvin Holmes, D-Montgomery, Ala.

An Alabama lawmaker reportedly is offering $5,000 to anyone who can show him proof from the Bible indicating marriage is between a man and a woman.

The amount was increased by more than seven-fold by state Rep. Alvin Holmes, D-Montgomery, after he originally took to the House floor this week to declare, “I’ve got $700 here, and I will give anyone this $700 if they come up and show me in this Bible where it says that marriage is between a man and a woman.”

The announcement came amid debate over a constitutional amendment on same-sex marriages in the Cotton State.

Calls reportedly have been flooding into the switchboard at the House of Representatives.

Ernestine Crowell, who answers the phones, told WFSA-TV one caller even delivered her proof in person.

“A lady brought him a Bible with everything marked in there,” she told the station.

Crowell met Holmes in the lobby of the legislature, saying, “I do have something for you. This was left by a lady today for you. It’s a Bible. … And, [she] marked all the places in here.”

One portion read to him was instructions on marriage from the first book of Corinthians.

“But because there is so much sexual immorality, each man should have his own wife and each woman should have her own husband.” *

Holmes responded quickly, according to the station, saying, “OK, but what that says [is] … if two people should get married and if they are of the same sex then he becomes his wife and he’s the husband.”

worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=42817*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back