Shrines You've Visited

  • Thread starter Thread starter Seamus_L
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Seamus_L

Guest
I’d be curious to get some (name removed by moderator)ut from those who visited various shrines around the world. I hate to sound negative, but from what I’ve seen in photos, a few appear to have been built up too much. But that’s just my opinion from books and online.
 
Some of the most famous ones are bound to be overrun by souvenir shops and the like. It might be better to look closer to home to those that haven’t been exploited, such as: Our Lady of Guadalupe Shrine in LaCrosse Wisconsin. Depending on where you live there are many beautiful shrines you might want to visit around the USA–that is if you are from the USA.
 
I’m sorry I accidentally put this thread in this forum, could someone please move it to an appropriate one. Sorry.
 
The ones I’ve been to were inspiring:

National Shrine of the Basilica of the Immaculate Conception (Washington, D.C.)
Franciscan Monastery of the Holy Land (also D.C.)
National Shrine of Elizabeth Ann Seton (Emmittsburg, MD)
Grotto of Lourdes (also near Emmittsburg, MD)
Holy Hill National Shrine of Mary, Help of Christians (Wisconsin)
 
Anyone been to Fatima, Lourdes, or La Salette ?
I haven’t but I know people who have been to Fatima and Lourdes. In a way I’d like to go but the volume of people that go to Fatima or Lourdes at any given time is overwhelming to me. But those that I know that went experienced a renewal of faith.
 
Fatima and Lourdes are two of my favorite devotions, but I’d love to see those places as they looked when our Blessed Mother visited them. Still, I certainly hope to go one day.
 
Anyone been to Fatima, Lourdes, or La Salette ?
The first 2.

Also Bruised Reed’s first 3, in DC and Md., USA; Saint Joseph in Montreal, Canada; Guadalupe, MX; Holy Selpulchre, Israel and Bethlehem, Palestinian West Bank, and others.

I agree that overdevelopment does happen, but it is natural where travellers converge. I don’t perceive it as a problem.

ICXC NIKA
 
I have also been to Holy Hill, National Shrine of Mary, Help of Christians. It’s located in Hubertus, WI, which is outside of Milwaukee, WI.

I have also been to Sainte Anne-de-Beaupre Shrine, in Quebec, Canada.
 
GEddie
Is there much left from from 1858 at Lourdes and 1917 around Fatima ?
 
GEddie
Code:
                                                            Is there much left from from 1858 at Lourdes and 1917 around Fatima ?
Well, in both places, the main basilica was built decades after the apparitions. But the important sites – the grotto and the spring, in Lourdes; the Capelinha, in Fatima – are as they always were, despite all the modern appurtenances wrapped around them.

You can still bathe in the spring from 1858, though in a modern bathhouse. And you can still pray in front of the Capelinha in Fatima.

ICXC NIKA
 
Sainte Anne-de-Beaupre Shrine, in Quebec, Canada
Cap du la Madeline (between Montreal and Quebec)
Catholic Martyrs Shrine in Ontario
Mother Cabrini Shrine - Colorado
National Shrine of Our Lady of Czestochowa - Doylestown, PA
Kalwaria Zebrzydowska - a Marian shrine in southern Poland
Jasna Gora - Czestochowa, Poland
Infant of Prague Shrine in Prague, Czech Republic
 
I’ll be visiting the Queen Mary of the Universe Shrine in Orlando and probably go to Mass as well. That Shrine is huge! I appreciate the fact that it is meant for visitation from all over the world.👍
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top