Sibling Jealousy

  • Thread starter Thread starter PFoxcroft
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for your advice - its great!!!

I want to answer all of your points!

flyingfish my wife is the eldest, Betty the 5th.’
BeluvdLily - I am sorry to hear about your sisters. I prayed for u.
Chiltepin - my wife has decided not to be involved in the planning of this event and has gently told the main organizer (not Betty) this and why. She believes he will keep her confidence and not let it get back to Betty.
Em_in_FL - that is a great idea. My wife loves to make these event/scrapbooks and will likely take great pleasure in quietly making one.
whatevergirl - I am afraid that Betty has a need to be the star of this show and every show. Having my wife do such a think will cause a war, something we do not want to do as most of the sister in laws will gang up against us.
gmarie21 - you have hit a nail on the head here. My wife’s motivations for a lot of what she does is for
appreciation - primarily as she had zilch from her parents who were not affectionate and have a real problem with giving any praise. So I don’t really fault her for this quirk.
Liberanosamalo - wow - have you hit a nail on the head here. I’ver ordered that book and can’t wait to read it as I think this could be the dynamic which is in play here.

Again - thanks all for you advice - its much appreciated!!!
 
whatevergirl - I am afraid that Betty has a need to be the star of this show and every show.
For some reason this made me feel very sorry for Betty. Any adult who still feels the need to be the bride at every wedding and the corpse at every funeral is a very sad person.

(It doesn’t, however, mean I would be rolling over to help her play out her sad little role in life . . . )
 
For some reason this made me feel very sorry for Betty. Any adult who still feels the need to be the bride at every wedding and the corpse at every funeral is a very sad person.

(It doesn’t, however, mean I would be rolling over to help her play out her sad little role in life . . . )
*Aw, yeah, that made me feel sad for Betty too.😦

OP–Hope things work out, and over time, this type of thing subsides. Praying for your wife’s sister to mend fences. *
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top