Sibling Rivalries

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sweiler
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sweiler

Guest
Me and my brother were talking back and forth, and he was basically intentionally trying to annoy me, I got mad at him and flipped him off. I was basically showing him i was mad and I wanted him to shut up. (I was kind of saying F you though) We’re very tough with each other and call each other a whole bunch of names all the time. Would this be a mortal sin? Would it be venial sin?
 
Last edited:
Dont ask people on this site about sins. Take it to confession
 
I see it’s your first post, welcome to the community.

You should talk to a priest an confess your sin as others have said.
Provide the whole context to your priest and tell him you’re not sure if it’s venial or mortal.

For a sin to be mortal you have to be fully aware you’re committing one and the subject has to be grave matter. Christ did say insulting your brother is equivalent to murder, but before you take that quite literally, there are many factors to consider.

We cannot help you much but we will pray for you. If you cannot go to confession as soon as possible, pray to the Lord and our Lady and do a good examination of conscience before your confession and confess all your sins honestly.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top