Status
Not open for further replies.
J

judicame

Concern over rise of ‘happy slapping’ craze

Fad of filming violent attacks on mobile phones spreads

Mark Honigsbaum
Tuesday April 26, 2005

In one video clip, labelled Bitch Slap, a youth approaches a woman at a bus stop and punches her in the face. In another, Knockout Punch, a group of boys wearing uniforms are shown leading another boy across an unidentified school playground before flooring him with a single blow to the head.

In a third, Bank Job, a teenager is seen assaulting a hole-in-the-wall customer while another youth grabs the money he has just withdrawn from the cash machine.

Welcome to the disturbing world of the “happy slappers” - a youth craze in which groups of teenagers armed with camera phones slap or mug unsuspecting children or passersby while capturing the attacks on 3g technology…]

guardian.co.uk/mobile/article/0,2763,1470214,00.html
A measure of this sickness is that a major newspaper, which together with the political establishment has been at the forefront of promoting degeneracy for years, glosses this topic with its own sheen.

In the article, words used to describe these vicious assaults include…trivial, joke, fad, craze and rude.

These are horrible, unexpected, random assaults upon completely innocent people that will leave them traumatized, terrified and brutalized for years, beside any immediate phyical harm.
Liz Carnell, the director of Bullying Online, a Yorkshire-based charity set up to combat bullying in schools, said that since the start of the year she has heard of increasing attacks both on children and on adults. But she fears many incidents are not reported.

In most cases the worst that happens is a minor scratch or a bruised ego,” she said. “What the people behind these attacks have to understand is that technically they are committing an assault. And if they then upload the images on to the internet or a phone system they could be prosecuted for harassment.”

I hope this is a craze that get punished harshly. It is sick. I also hope that we don’t get copycats here. It one of the bad side effects of such good communication. It is a matter of time before some of our wayward teens get wind of this. I pray not.

You know what’s sad, these kids at some point are going to hit some vigilante who is going to pull out a gun. I just read a case for a criminal law class where that exact thing happened on a subway.

Not just in Britain.

Here in Boston last year there was a rash of fist fights and brawls taking place in the local night clubs. The type of night clubs that cater to those ‘mosh’ pits and where young people dance to the newest type of loud violent rock 'n roll music (think Robb Zombie, and his ilk).

After a series of wild fist fights the police investigated. It turned out there was a single group of idiots going around starting brawls and filming it.

That was over a year ago and there haven’t been any recent outbreaks so far.

Obviously if these kids have time to be pulling stunts like that they need more school time or need to be put in a job or something that will better use this free time that they have.

I don’t know, I really don’t know what to say because it’s just so sad and aggrivating. It makes you sick, angry, sad ect.

People don’t seem to be asking the right questions.

This may be clearer in Britain than elsewhere because the catastrophe has been so great so fast. Perhaps nowhere else in the world has there been such a swift decline from a peaceful, gentle, polite, homogenous Christian culture to a cruel chaotic nightmare.

This isn’t ‘just happening’. It’s by design.

Since at least the early 1970’s any genuine Christian message has been banned from public discourse. Not in the schools, not on television, not on radio, not in newspapers, not in magazines. It was replaced by ‘social policy’ and relativism in preparation for mass forced immigration, sex-education and indoctrination with the contraceptive mentally (a form of state sponsored child sexual abuse). Sex education for children in the 1970’s started at 7 yrs old.

And where was the authentic voice of the Catholic Church during this horror? If my childhood memory serves, they were busy with their tambourines and their kumbayas.

People should be asking: Who?

Who did this to our culture and our civilization.

40.png
Shinobu:
Obviously if these kids have time to be pulling stunts like that they need more school time or need to be put in a job or something that will better use this free time that they have.

I don’t know, I really don’t know what to say because it’s just so sad and aggrivating. It makes you sick, angry, sad ect.
That is why we need to reinstate the draft.

40.png
Genesis315:
You know what’s sad, these kids at some point are going to hit some vigilante who is going to pull out a gun.
But, but, but, criminals and vigilantes can’t get guns in the UK!!! :rolleyes:

It’s only a matter of time before someone gets seriously injured or killed, or fights back. And other countries think Americans are uncivilized???

40.png
Genesis315:
You know what’s sad, these kids at some point are going to hit some vigilante who is going to pull out a gun. I just read a case for a criminal law class where that exact thing happened on a subway.
Or they will (unluckily) come across a black belt in karate!!!

But to be serious (on my part) this is absolutely depressing. Most of these victims don’t react violently back at them which is good but (and I know this sounds terribe) sometimes I just want to see someone just get back at them. :o I know that sounds terrible but I just want to see these horrible guys run!

40.png
MidnightSun02:
Or they will (unluckily) come across a black belt in karate!!!
Not likely. They sniff their victims out before hand. They’re looking for the weekest, most vulnerable people, then they beat them, video tape it and hoot and big up themselves about it for days.

A single woman at a bus stop or a black belt out numbered 10 to 1, just as good.

People should consider the mentally of this phenomenon because, as I say, it’s coming their way. It’s an image of the mass psycholgy of the future, if it’s not on your doorstep already.

Gated Community anyone? With bussing and quotas, maybe.

Perhaps George Bush is going to save you? 😃 I think he has other masters to serve.
But to be serious (on my part) this is absolutely depressing. Most of these victims don’t react violently back at them which is good but (and I know this sounds terribe) sometimes I just want to see someone just get back at them. :o I know that sounds terrible but I just want to see these horrible guys run!
Not so long ago, Heroism was exemplified by the Catholic man fighting to defend his civilization, or by the Catholic woman through child birth and rearing.

These days, Heroism is a vicarious thrill provided pre-digested by the media monopoly - like the heroism of not fighting ‘muliculturalism’ - or the heroism of having a ‘fulfilling’ work and social life - and sadly, that monopoly all too often includes the modern day church.

BTW There is a group to whom forced multiculturalism doesn’t apply.

Can you tell what it is yet?😉

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back