F
FaithRuir
Guest
My scrupulous mindset strikes again.
Being a practicing Catholic, I am a bit of an outsider in an online community about a show I watch. I have already talked with moderators before about some things that go on in the server (such as people playing pretend as the Pope), and they stopped that stuff.
However.
There’s a user in an online community (about a tv show I watch) that I know that uses God’s name disrespectfully for the particular server we are both in, and they also just so happen to be one of the server’s most well known people. They could change it whenever they want though.
Is it my moral duty to tell the mods, or even that person that their name is offensive, and that this person should change it?
I even talked to the mods about a hateful name they had in the past, and they got to the other person to change their name, and they did… back to the blasphemous one.
I’m asking this because I heard silence is consent, but it’s always been fuzzy to me for when that is really the case.
Being a practicing Catholic, I am a bit of an outsider in an online community about a show I watch. I have already talked with moderators before about some things that go on in the server (such as people playing pretend as the Pope), and they stopped that stuff.
However.
There’s a user in an online community (about a tv show I watch) that I know that uses God’s name disrespectfully for the particular server we are both in, and they also just so happen to be one of the server’s most well known people. They could change it whenever they want though.
Is it my moral duty to tell the mods, or even that person that their name is offensive, and that this person should change it?
I even talked to the mods about a hateful name they had in the past, and they got to the other person to change their name, and they did… back to the blasphemous one.
I’m asking this because I heard silence is consent, but it’s always been fuzzy to me for when that is really the case.
Last edited: