Sin to pray with non Catholics?

  • Thread starter Thread starter rosthesinner
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
لأن الله أحب العالم حتى أنه أعطى ابنه الوحيد …

li’ana allah 'uhiba alealam hataa 'anah 'aetaa aibnih alwahid …

“For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son…
 
That this “modernist” priest has been reading the Catechism, since it says that too.
“Aside from that, how was the play, Mrs. Lincoln”

🤣
I do not agree with that statement in the new cathechism. Very protestants do not agree with that.
If you don’t accept the Church’s teaching authority, how can we possibly have a discussion about right and wrong???

😱🤔

Someone, or some group (such as Muslims) having fundamental understanding about His Nature do not mean that they’re worshiping a different god; it simply means that they don’t understand Him very well . . .
 
I do not obey blindly current pope, in every statement he makes. I have my own opinion on Vatican II and the crisis in the church and experiences with modernists, that is why I am traditionalist and supporter of Fsspx
That moderrnist priest told me another story.
He saw one protestant man atending his church regurlary. He asked him, if he do not want to be in the full community with the Roman Catholich church. He said no sir, My dead ancestors would be angry at me. And he did not recieve the full comunion with Catholic church The priest told me that he went after his death in the heaven.
That is heresy, because when somebody is not invincible ignorant he ll go in the hell.
 
Well the Orthodox Church is schismatic, not heretical I believe if memory serves. The Orthodox Church is a great window in time, as they essentially are what we Catholics were 1000 years ago.

They aren’t Protestants. So praying with Orthodox Christians, you aren’t going to run into the same issues you would with Protestants.

If they were Protestants you would have different issues I believe. I recently attended a wedding for my fiancée’s cousin, who is not Catholic, but Evangelical (me and my fiancée both are Catholic converts). Before going to the wedding we spoke to our priest about it. He said it was permissible to attend, but only doing so as a social function, not to give such a marriage our blessing. We were not allowed to participate in any of the prayers or say any responses. Their Protestant minister did not pray in the name of the trinity, nor does he have the authority to invoke the Holy Ghost. In fact he barely mentioned God at all during the ceremony and instead made it an assembly of man and didn’t even read at all from the Bible (sad).

Rather than saying “you are gathered here to join yourselves before God”, he said they were joining themselves before the assembly of people gathered today. It really made me feel so uncomfortable.

So me and my fiancée just sat in the very back and kept our heads up and did not participate in any prayer.

Being there at that ceremony reminded me of just how thankful and glad I am to be Catholic!
 
Last edited:
No. Serious question. You are denying legitimate Church authority and accusing a pope of blasphemy. It’s pretty much the definition of being Protestant.
 
Pope John Paul II prays with Archbishop Runcie , Archbishop of Canterbury .

(Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.)

Pope Benedict prays with Archbishop Rowan Williams , Archbishop of Canterbury .

(Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.)

Pope Francis prays with Archbishop Justin Welby , Archbishop of Canterbury .

(Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.)
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nik
Calling you a Protestant is not an attack, and should not be taken as one.

Vatican II taught that Scripture, Tradition and the Magisterium are dependent on one another and can not be isolated from ine another. Some Protestants rely on “sola scriptura”, scripture alone interpreted privately. Some traditionalists seem to hold to “sola traditio” where they rely on their personal understanding of tradition. I think this is why some asked if you were Protestant, because you seem to prefer your private interpretation over official Church teaching. Most Catholics around here think in terms of Scripture, Tradition and Magisterium, and are interested when people hold different opiniins.
 
Exlutheran. There is a lot of relativism about. It astounds me. We are told virtually we are not Catholic because we have the temerity to question what some recent pope or version of the catechism states. How different is today’s catechism from the Baltimore catechism? I wonder. How different are today’s teachings from the 1,950 years of teachings we had? Or from the teachings of the medieval saints?
It’s like all of that is jettisoned. Actually it’s more like none of that is read. Actually, to a large extent, it’s like none of it ever happened.
 
What do you say about that ?
https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/5983408-Open-Letter-to-the-Bishops-of-the-Catholic.html
Am I alone, who think something went terribly wrong ?
When pope say jump off the window, would you do it ?
Should some pope began crusade, you would probably refuse to obey him, because you are being told war is bad. Would you be protestant ?
Some modernist says you have to interpret dogmas according to their context, but such thinkin is modernism.
 
No according to the current priest it was not valid baptism.
I was baptised as child. The modernist priest did not wanted me to baptisme anyway, just to read creed. It toke me a lot of effort to convice him I should be baptised conditionally. He said. Not at the easter vigil, because we would offend the Lutherans a it would be triumphallistic… NO words for that.
Now I prepare with the traditional priest. I
 
This thread is getting off topic. I only wanted clarification on what I first posted. Instead, it’s becoming a war zone. (Which was not what I was expecting). Please, take off topic subjects to another thread. Thank you.
 
What do you say about that ?
It reads a lot like Luther’s 95 theses; a mix of theological, political and disciplinary complaints. The authors know it does not mean anything, they are just asking the bishops to do something, knowing full well that they will not.

It is a pretty shameful display of insubordination. Too bad they couldn’t be a little more congenial.

What do you think of it?

Sorry if we are getting off topic. I am trying to keep on the basic thrust of your original question, which I think has been answered.
 
Last edited:
You are completly wrong . You have to give the evidence that your are right
So, Venerable Brethren, it is clear why this Apostolic See has never allowed its subjects to take part in the assemblies of non-Catholics: for the union of Christians can only be promoted by promoting the return to the one true Church of Christ of those who are separated from it, for in the past they have unhappily left it." (Pope Pius XI, “Mortalium Animos”, 1928 A.D

“Common participation in worship (communicatio in sacris) which harms the unity of the Church or involves formal acceptance of error or the danger of aberration in the faith, of scandal and indifferentism, is forbidden by divine law.” (Second Vatican Council)
 
Also Should I suppose you would jump off window, only because pope says so ?
Jumping out the window is not a matter of faith and morals—so that would be outside his authority.

However, since popes, including a saint, have deemed it acceptable and beneficial to pray with non-Catholics, then it is.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top