Six month Bible reading plan

  • Thread starter Thread starter MarcusAndreas
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MarcusAndreas

Guest
I’ve decided I’m going to read the Bible in 6 months. :cool:
I could read the whole thing twice a year at that rate.

I need a plan/schedule, any recommendations? (As in, what books/chapters/verses to read each day.)
Obviously, any reading plans should be Catholic. No mysteriously missing 7 books. 😛
 
6 months is a little much lol. most plans cover the bible in a year, bt I’ll look for one tt coves it in 6 months and let you know if I find one
 
How about this plan: Start on page 1, and then read eight pages a day for 180 days. You can use a scrap of paper to keep track of where you are along the way.
 
Marcus, your enthusiasm is admirable. If you want to continue with that plan, take one of the one-year plans, and double it, or just figure eight pages a day (give or take given your translation). I warn you though, Genesis is easy. Exodus is fine. Leviticus is like hitting a wall and then having to slog knee deep through cold tar dragging an antique dresser by a rope. It’s not exactly lively reading. It’s a law text. Not all the books in the bible are written the same way, nor for the same purpose. They should be read and considered differently too.

Why the rush to go through the bible in six months? Certainly, you can read it twice in a year, but wouldn’t it be better to read the bible once in a year, and spend the additional time in meditation, or with some other spiritual reading, such as the lives of the saints, or some reflections on scripture? You’ve got plenty of time.
 
Marcus, your enthusiasm is admirable. If you want to continue with that plan, take one of the one-year plans, and double it, or just figure eight pages a day (give or take given your translation). I warn you though, Genesis is easy. Exodus is fine. Leviticus is like hitting a wall and then having to slog knee deep through cold tar dragging an antique dresser by a rope. It’s not exactly lively reading. It’s a law text. Not all the books in the bible are written the same way, nor for the same purpose. They should be read and considered differently too.

Why the rush to go through the bible in six months? Certainly, you can read it twice in a year, but wouldn’t it be better to read the bible once in a year, and spend the additional time in meditation, or with some other spiritual reading, such as the lives of the saints, or some reflections on scripture? You’ve got plenty of time.
Reading through the Bible is not “rushing”! In my Bible, I would only need to read six pages a day! In my mind that isn’t much, especially considering that for my OT class, I had to read 1 & 2 Samuel in a weekend (47 pages!) and that was midterm week too! Six pages is half an hour or so, depending on if it is easy reading (Hebrews) or difficult (Ezekiel). I say go for it!
 
Hi MA:

@ your age, U have set yourself a very ambitious tgt! RELAX! It is NOT that U are running out of time.

Anyway, just wondered if you have considered Jeff Cavins’ “Great Adventure” series?

:shamrock2:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top