D
Debora123
Guest
Yup.I see you’ve joined CAF within the past week. I’ve been here not much longer at a skoosh over four months. In this short amount of time I’ve concluded that the ways in which women dress is the most over-analyzed, over-discussed topic on the site. It’s fetishized here, quite frankly.
If you don’t believe me, look throughthese threads. This is a sampling of the threads started since January 1 of this year about all manner of female clothing:
forums.catholic-questions.org/showthread.php?t=576475&highlight=modesty
forums.catholic-questions.org/showthread.php?t=563667&highlight=modesty
forums.catholic-questions.org/showthread.php?t=571057&highlight=modesty
forums.catholic-questions.org/showthread.php?t=572336&highlight=modesty
forums.catholic-questions.org/showthread.php?t=572480&highlight=bathing+suit
forums.catholic-questions.org/showthread.php?t=566939&highlight=bathing+suit
forums.catholic-questions.org/showthread.php?t=261894&highlight=bathing+suit
forums.catholic-questions.org/showthread.php?t=463731&highlight=bathing+suit
forums.catholic-questions.org/showthread.php?t=434484&highlight=bathing+suit
forums.catholic-questions.org/showthread.php?t=548107&highlight=bathing+suit
forums.catholic-questions.org/showthread.php?t=410573&highlight=bathing+suit
I urge you to do your own search and spend 20 minutes just looking through all of the ideas people come up with about skirt length, bathing suits, head gear, make up, and just about anything else related to women’s attire. A lot of it is sensible, but a lot of it is deeply rooted in misogyny guided as “concern.” And a bit of it is creepy.
Anyway, bathing suits of all kinds and the moral uproar, seductions, scandal, and sin they can cause, is a done-to-death topic here.