Sky in St. John's Gospel

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jim_Baur
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jim_Baur

Guest
What is the Greek word for sky in St. John’s Gospel? (At the Baptism of Jesus)

Is the Greek word used in LXX and where?

Thanks!
 
Hi Jim,

The only word used, in the whole New Testament for heaven or sky is ouranos. The same word is used in the very first verse in the bible : 1:1 εν αρχη̃ εποίησεν ο θεὸς τὸν ουρανὸν καὶ τὴν γη̃ν (en archê epoiêsen o theos ton ouranon kai tên gên)

Verbum
 
Verbum

Thanks!

You gave me the answer that I wanted.

I have to ask this question because I do not have access to any books or good computers.

Again, thanks
 
It runs fine.

However, it is old and small.

Furthermore, I only have dial-up.

Therefore it is really slow.

I am unable to ldownload anything of substance.

This site always takes a long time.

Again, I want to thank you for all of the answers you gave given me in the past, too.

God Bless
 
Hi Jim

One thing you can do to make internet access a bit faster is to take out the pictures. When you are on your home page, click on TOOLS, then choose ADVANCED and uncheck where it says show pictures or some equivalent expression.

Another thing you can do is to desactivate the extension modules. This might get rid of animation sequences etc. To do this click on START in the bottom left hand corner of your screen then choose ALL PROGRAMS, then ACCESSSORIES then SYSTEM TOOLS. Then choose *Internet Explorer without extension modules. *

What I have given you is for the XP operating system. I don’t know if it applies to other systems, but it’s worth a try.

Verbum
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top