C
Chiltepin
Guest
I was just listening to a homily at the link below:
audiosancto.org/auweb/20090201-Checklist-for-Sanctity-It-Is-Doable.mp3
Something the priest talks about are the things investigated in a case for beautification or canonization. There are the miracles of course, but then there is a list of questions about the person’s life corresponding to cardinal and theological virtues. Something that peaked my interest:
**
I have a small hard matress. It might not be comfortable to others who prefer soft matresses but it is just right for me. It is not much of a sacrifice as it is very comfortable to me.
How much sleep should we be getting before it becomes indulging? I usually get 6-7 hours on week nights, but tend to sleep A LOT on Saturday. I don’t have any, but it seems like parents with small children are all well on their way to being saints!
I’m not going for cannonization, but I do wonder if our sleep habits are harmful spiritually and we don’t know it.
audiosancto.org/auweb/20090201-Checklist-for-Sanctity-It-Is-Doable.mp3
Something the priest talks about are the things investigated in a case for beautification or canonization. There are the miracles of course, but then there is a list of questions about the person’s life corresponding to cardinal and theological virtues. Something that peaked my interest:
So I realize that sleep time and bed comfort are not exaclty laid out as commandments. **What is your perspective on this? How much sleep do you get? Is your bed comfortable?Did he indulge in long hours of sleep? Was his bed comfortable or uncomfortable?
**
I have a small hard matress. It might not be comfortable to others who prefer soft matresses but it is just right for me. It is not much of a sacrifice as it is very comfortable to me.
How much sleep should we be getting before it becomes indulging? I usually get 6-7 hours on week nights, but tend to sleep A LOT on Saturday. I don’t have any, but it seems like parents with small children are all well on their way to being saints!
I’m not going for cannonization, but I do wonder if our sleep habits are harmful spiritually and we don’t know it.