S
SpiritFire
Guest
Hi -
This Wednesday I attended a Mass during a “mission” conference.
Some things I noticed: (Would they be defined as sloppy, or liturgical abuse, perfectly fine? or what?)
The priest (a Jesuit) after the sign of the cross, said “Peace be with you”. I was under the impression this greeting was reserved for the Bishop.
In the penitential rite…“you came to call all sinners” vs “call sinners” No big deal to me.
During Eucharistic Prayer II, he said something else instead of “stand in your presence and serve you.” and also said "May all of us who share in the Body and Blood of Christ be brought together in unity by your (instead of the) Holy Spirit.
He replaced “all the clergy” with “all those who serve you”.
Before communion he added “May the Body and Blood of Christ bring us to everlasting life”
Also, I’m pretty sure he gave the Body to the deacon before he himself received, and the deacon held it in his closed hands until the priest communicated, at which time he did also. This seemed kind of weird to me.
Now, it sounds like I make a bigger deal of all this than I really feel about it.
But shouldn’t the rubrics be followed with exactitude?
This Wednesday I attended a Mass during a “mission” conference.
Some things I noticed: (Would they be defined as sloppy, or liturgical abuse, perfectly fine? or what?)
The priest (a Jesuit) after the sign of the cross, said “Peace be with you”. I was under the impression this greeting was reserved for the Bishop.
In the penitential rite…“you came to call all sinners” vs “call sinners” No big deal to me.
During Eucharistic Prayer II, he said something else instead of “stand in your presence and serve you.” and also said "May all of us who share in the Body and Blood of Christ be brought together in unity by your (instead of the) Holy Spirit.
He replaced “all the clergy” with “all those who serve you”.
Before communion he added “May the Body and Blood of Christ bring us to everlasting life”
Also, I’m pretty sure he gave the Body to the deacon before he himself received, and the deacon held it in his closed hands until the priest communicated, at which time he did also. This seemed kind of weird to me.
Now, it sounds like I make a bigger deal of all this than I really feel about it.
But shouldn’t the rubrics be followed with exactitude?