S
SnakeMauler
Guest
At my university some Gideons were giving out some small Green new testament/psalms/proverbs booklets. Is it ok for Catholics to read these and stuff? I like the small conciseness of them.
There are no notes in these little Gideon pocket bibles. The orange ones are NT/Prov King James Versions and I think the green ones are NT/Prov NIV translations. There is no problem with either (in the form presented by the Gideons). An NIV or KJV study bible is another matter entirely.At my university some Gideons were giving out some small Green new testament/psalms/proverbs booklets. Is it ok for Catholics to read these and stuff? I like the small conciseness of them.
I remember that story, how inspiring it was. I have one of those Confraternity NT. The print is bold so it makes the small print readable. But, feel free to use the Gideon’s NT.I’ve seen Fr. Groeschel (on EWTN, in his Hope series) say he has a little protestant New Testament in his pocket, because of ease of use and easy storage in his pocket.
Did you know that the highly vaunted Revised Standard Version - Catholic Edition, you name the apologist: Hahn, Rev. Pacwa, Akin, Staples, Ray, Shea, Sr. Moss, Burnham, Madrid, Grodi, Coffin, Keating, Cumbie, Rev. Corapi, Rev. Richards - one and all- use it, is a work of Protestant scholarship? The variants between the Protestant and Catholic versions are printed in each one. They are few and far between.Why does any Catholic believe that Jesus if given the choice would choose to read and use a Protestant New Testament?