Small ceremony

  • Thread starter Thread starter Redhorses
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Redhorses

Guest
HI All - I want a very small ceremony… just my parents in attendance since there are no other family. I feel like a whole mass or even the shorter ceremony option is too long still. Would the church even do the mass for just a couple people in attendance? Is there a way a priest could marry us any other way? maybe during or after a normal mass on saturday? I don’t really want to go down to the courthouse.
 
As far as I know there is no rule on how many people must be present. As long as the wedding is “witnessed” - as a way of insuring that both people are there willingly and not against thier will - then that is all that counts.

What about the grooms family? best Friends?

The Priest should be able to marry you at the time of your choosing as long as his schedule also permits. The Priest doesn’t care it there are 5 people there or 500. You need to contact the Parish Office and schedule pre-cana classes and the Priest will generally want to sit down with you and your fiance for a pre-wedding chat.

Best of Luck
 
There are 2 forms of marriage in the catholic church, one in a mass and one outside of a mass. You should speak with your priest, it is valid to be married within a regular mass, but not all priest/parishes allow it.
 
HI All - I want a very small ceremony… just my parents in attendance since there are no other family. I feel like a whole mass or even the shorter ceremony option is too long still. Would the church even do the mass for just a couple people in attendance? Is there a way a priest could marry us any other way? maybe during or after a normal mass on saturday? I don’t really want to go down to the courthouse.
In the good old times the majority of the people married outside of Mass. The marriage was at afternoon, and no Mass was allowed after 12 noon. Marriage w/o mass is still option
 
I had a nuptial mass and even though the marriage did not work out, it was a beautiful mass service and I can’t imagine doing it any other way. I guess I looked at it more like a sacrament within a sacrament. I felt it was sacred even though we’ve been divorced 15 years. It makes me not want to apply for a church annulment if that makes any sense :confused:

Still friends though after all these years 👍
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top