M
meat_spin_man
Guest
Hello all, I was just reading the book “Thy Kingdom Come” by Randall Balmer. I was reading about the danger of the wedding of the Church and the state. I then began reading the Syllabus of Errors, and was shocked to find that Catholics believe that the Church and the State should be one entity.

EDIT: i also found this gem in exsurge domine.
An error of Martil Luther.
33. That heretics be burned is against the will of the Spirit.
- The Church ought to be separated from the .State, and the State from the Church. – Allocution “Acerbissimum,” Sept. 27, 1852.
- In the present day it is no longer expedient that the Catholic religion should be held as the only religion of the State, to the exclusion of all other forms of worship. – Allocution “Nemo vestrum,” July 26, 1855.
EDIT: i also found this gem in exsurge domine.
An error of Martil Luther.
33. That heretics be burned is against the will of the Spirit.