SNAP

• Thread starter Thread starter MugenOne
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MugenOne

I went on SNAP to see what they are really all about. What I saw was pretty crazy. It looks like every priest is fair game to attack. They’re out to destroy the Church and get its money at the same time. They are on a witch hunt for abusive priests. It’s sad!

40.png
MugenOne:
I went on SNAP to see what they are really all about. What I saw was pretty crazy. It looks like every priest is fair game to attack. They’re out to destroy the Church and get its money at the same time. They are on a witch hunt for abusive priests. It’s sad!
What’s even sadder is that in many cases the abusive priests were not removed and were allowed to go on abusing for years.
You can’t blame people who were raped, sodomized, fondled, and otherwize brutalized by the very people they looked to as the representatives of Christ to be angry, damaged, hurt and looking for justice. There should be an inexhaustible source of outrage on our part until we KNOW this problem is solved and will never darken our door again. The fact is the problem isn’t solved.

There is a systemic sickness in the heirarchy of the American Catholic Church. The sickness is an inability to take a hard stand on anything. From allowing the John Kerry’s of the world to take communion, to stopping the independant audits for child abuse, there is a weakness of spirit and a lack of strength to do the right thing, no matter what. The USCCB should be ashamed. They are the biggest reason the church is in a moral decline. The American church needs true leadership. Unfortunately, we probably won’t see it until the next generation of bishops come up.

What most concerns me about snap is they verge on arguing that the accused have no right to a fair trial. They seem to want to deny any form of due process. Not all the accusations are true. Would you like it if you were told that if you are accused of something you won’t get a trial and cannot offer a defense? Our system is meant to determine guilt or innocence in a just manner. We don’t want the guilty to go free, but neither do we want the innocent to go to prison. Snap seems to assume that all are guilty even if proven innocent. That is simply wrongheaded.

Not meaning to be controversial in any way but I am simply curious - why is a post concerning SNAP in Non-Catholic section?

It would seem to me that others who know about this organization would be looking for this kind of a post in another section.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back