Snowing in Houston

  • Thread starter Thread starter beckers
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

beckers

Guest
Just to let you guys know that i am enjoying a “Snow Day” here in Houston Texas…YES Houston…

It is our earliest snow fall ever. My law school ended up cancelling my final tonight and moved it to next sunday night.

So now i am chilling with my roommate watching a movie, studying for my next exam and watching the snow fall lightly on the ground…

Its funny to see that my cats try to stay warm by snuggling underneath the blankets.
 
Nice! I hope I get to see some up in Detroit (can you beleive I’m typing that??). The past several years have been spotty up there.

Noticed you religion… Did you swim the tibre with the new Papal Constitution (are people already coming over with this) or by some other means? Welcome home BTW, even if it’s belated (maybe by alot? lol).
 
Nice! I hope I get to see some up in Detroit (can you beleive I’m typing that??). The past several years have been spotty up there.

Noticed you religion… Did you swim the tibre with the new Papal Constitution (are people already coming over with this) or by some other means? Welcome home BTW, even if it’s belated (maybe by alot? lol).
Nope a craddle catholic. There is a anglican use parish here in Houston. I have been going there for about a year. I love the litigury.
 
In the medical center they let us out early (which doesn’t really matter if you still have more experiments to run, but a nice thought!) 🙂 I’m from Virginia, so in my wildest dreams did I think I’d be seeing snow this season before I went home for the holidays!!
 
Just to let you guys know that i am enjoying a “Snow Day” here in Houston Texas…YES Houston…

It is our earliest snow fall ever. My law school ended up cancelling my final tonight and moved it to next sunday night.

So now i am chilling with my roommate watching a movie, studying for my next exam and watching the snow fall lightly on the ground…

Its funny to see that my cats try to stay warm by snuggling underneath the blankets.
Up here in the mountains we wouldnt call that “snow” we would call it “flurries”
 
Snow day, snow day!

I work in Porter and live in Spring (Humble is directly between me and my job). They closed my job early because NOBODY in this city knows how to drive in the snow!

Personally, this is the heaviest snowfall I’ve ever seen, though the snow’s stopped for the time being. It’s supposed to start up again after sunset, I think, and it’s going to freeze tonight, so blah on the road conditions. But I’m enjoying the winter wonderland in my backyard!
 
You’re so lucky! 😃 I’m up in Austin…we were promised at least half an inch but so far, nothing. 😦
 
You know what’s funny? Toronto in Canada still hasn’t gotten any snow yet as far as I know. Funny that snow would fall on Houston before Toronto!
(we do have snow where I am in London (Ontario) although we’ve only had to brush off the car once so far and it hasn’t stuck to the ground yet which is highly unusual)
 
Lucky! 😃 Enjoy it, beckers…nothing like it to put you in the Christmas mood. :heaven:
 
Dang, I moved down from Vermont to Virginia to get away from snow and we’re supposed to get 3 to 5 tomorrow. . .

Meanwhile the family back in Vermont has seen a few days with some flurries etc. but nothing that really stuck yet.

So I’ll be ‘snowed’ before they will. . .

And oldest DD out in Tucson said they had snow on Mount Lemmon there earlier this week.

The way things are going if I went out even to Hawa’ii they’d probably get snow THERE. . .
 
How much did you get?

In MN, there is not a snow day unless 8-10-12+ inches fall, and then only if it has fallen right before rush hour. Growing up, I had 1 (ONE!) snow day. My kids have had 2 or 3 snow days in 13 years!
 
How much did you get?

In MN, there is not a snow day unless 8-10-12+ inches fall, and then only if it has fallen right before rush hour. Growing up, I had 1 (ONE!) snow day. My kids have had 2 or 3 snow days in 13 years!
I don’t know how much they say we got but couldn’t have been more than an inch or two but it stuck to the grass but not the roads and melted off extermely fast. We are more worried about the fact that it is below freezing tonight so the roads might get icy.
 
I don’t know how much they say we got but couldn’t have been more than an inch or two but it stuck to the grass but not the roads and melted off extermely fast. We are more worried about the fact that it is below freezing tonight so the roads might get icy.
Its 8 here. Too bad you parents didnt teach you to drive on the ice!
 
That’s neat. I was hoping for snow here, but the the pressure gradient was too strong too allow the low to travel further north. Instead it’s going off into the Atlantic and up the coast. However it were to track further northwest, I’d have no doubt that we’d see several inches.
 
I live in Moscow, Russia, and we are having the warmest fall in 110 years. Yesterday it was 47! I am getting pretty tired of this dull, gray rainy weather, and am looking forward to some beautiful snow. Talk about climate change, snow in Texas, but not in Russia!
 
Hey Houstonians, It looks likely that I am going to move to Houston for work. I made a post in the “Texas Catholics” group asking some questions about the city. Could one of you check it out and reply for me? Thanks!

P.S. It’s snowing in Pa today also!!
 
The snow is all gone and the ice is all melting. Now it is just cold with the sun shinning!

I am excited because my BF is taking me to the nutcracker tonight. Woo Hoo!!!😃
 
The snow is all gone and the ice is all melting. Now it is just cold with the sun shinning!

I am excited because my BF is taking me to the nutcracker tonight. Woo Hoo!!!😃
Souds like you have a great boyfriend! Winter Storm watch here-up to a foot of snow by tomorrow noght.
 
ALL POINTS BULLETIN!!! It is snowing in Moscow with a temperature of 28. Finally!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top