R
Rachel_1
Guest
Ok,
So I’m so happy I have to post here!
Some of you may have seen some of my past posts where I discussed how I’m in RCIA and have been remarried etc…
I’ve spent the last few months gathering documents and preparing for an annulment which has been super stressful. Last night I even had a meeting with my priest and my RCIA instructor to get the annulment going etc.
Long story short, I’ve been married 4 times. (see below):
First marriage to “R”:
Married:1986
Divorced:1989
Death 2003
Second marriage to “J”
(I never counted this as a ‘marriage’ in the first place due to certain circumstances)
His previous marriage that I just found out about: 1970
Married: 1994
Divorced: 1997
Third marriage to “K”
His previous marriage: 1980
Married: 1997
Divorced: 2002
Death 2005
Fourth (current) marriage to “N”
Married: 2005
So I’m so happy I have to post here!
Some of you may have seen some of my past posts where I discussed how I’m in RCIA and have been remarried etc…
I’ve spent the last few months gathering documents and preparing for an annulment which has been super stressful. Last night I even had a meeting with my priest and my RCIA instructor to get the annulment going etc.
Long story short, I’ve been married 4 times. (see below):
First marriage to “R”:
Married:1986
Divorced:1989
Death 2003
Second marriage to “J”
(I never counted this as a ‘marriage’ in the first place due to certain circumstances)
His previous marriage that I just found out about: 1970
Married: 1994
Divorced: 1997
Third marriage to “K”
His previous marriage: 1980
Married: 1997
Divorced: 2002
Death 2005
Fourth (current) marriage to “N”
Married: 2005
Code:
Ok, so the plan today was I was going to attempt to get the rest of the documents, which I got all but one (yay for me), and call my RCIA instructor so she could call the tribunal about getting this started.
Well, she called me before I got a chance to call her back and told me we were going about this the hard way.
Confused, I called her back. Turns out she called the tribunal and they told her I don't need an annulment (not in the sense we thought anyway)!!
Because I was baptized Catholic as a baby, even though I wasn't raised Catholic, it's all just lack of form.. easy peasy stuff!
Even if I would have needed one, the fact that Husband #1 "R" passed away in 2003 voids out the other two, and the current is valid (as soon as we get our marriage blessed in church).
So long story short..
I don't have to wait years and years to get confirmed, and have all the other Sacraments!!
I get to do all of this in a few months!!!
YAY!
You guys have no idea how happy I am right now!!!
Ok, I just had to share the joy I'm feeling :)