C
choy
Guest
hopefully some of you guys can give me (name removed by moderator)ut, advice, or just hear me vent
my son was born in March. we have targetted May 1st to be his baptism because we want to give enough time from his due date (he could be up to two weeks over) and so my family can plan in advance to fly in (we’re a family who lives in different parts of the world)
so when my son was born, he was diagnosed with intestinal malrotation about 4 days after his birth and was to go into surgery. i decided (and convinced my wife) to have him baptized in the hospital before the surgery, and so we did. (the priest also performed confirmation)
now, we’re still planning to have something for May 1st because thats when all the family is coming in. i was hoping we can still do the right of Baptism in the Church minus the actual Baptism so i can involve the godparents in the ceremony. the issue is further complicated because our priest is away and our substitute priest is a Chaldean priest, so he’s not familiar with the Latin Rite of Baptism. and now i have to look for another priest to perform the ceremony for us (we only have one priest in our parish, the substitute priest comes from another parish)
i’m just thinking, am i making too much of a fuss over a non-Baptism? my son’s been baptized and we’re just asking for a ceremony to get the godparents involved (since they’re flying in this May 1st). the situation is a bit complicated and i’m thinking are we asking for too much for a non-Sacrament. i mean, if my son was to be actually baptized, i would go the extra mile. but he’s not.
any suggestions, advice? perhaps share a glass of beer or two, virtually?
am i stressing out over nothing?
my son was born in March. we have targetted May 1st to be his baptism because we want to give enough time from his due date (he could be up to two weeks over) and so my family can plan in advance to fly in (we’re a family who lives in different parts of the world)
so when my son was born, he was diagnosed with intestinal malrotation about 4 days after his birth and was to go into surgery. i decided (and convinced my wife) to have him baptized in the hospital before the surgery, and so we did. (the priest also performed confirmation)
now, we’re still planning to have something for May 1st because thats when all the family is coming in. i was hoping we can still do the right of Baptism in the Church minus the actual Baptism so i can involve the godparents in the ceremony. the issue is further complicated because our priest is away and our substitute priest is a Chaldean priest, so he’s not familiar with the Latin Rite of Baptism. and now i have to look for another priest to perform the ceremony for us (we only have one priest in our parish, the substitute priest comes from another parish)
i’m just thinking, am i making too much of a fuss over a non-Baptism? my son’s been baptized and we’re just asking for a ceremony to get the godparents involved (since they’re flying in this May 1st). the situation is a bit complicated and i’m thinking are we asking for too much for a non-Sacrament. i mean, if my son was to be actually baptized, i would go the extra mile. but he’s not.
any suggestions, advice? perhaps share a glass of beer or two, virtually?