Social Media at the Dinner Table

  • Thread starter Thread starter fnr
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it’s because I’m working in an online marketing group… but I don’t see a problem. All I’m seeing is yet another piece of material for all social media marketing nuts out there.
 
I understand why you would think there is a cultural problem, and I would agree that if folks can’t not be engaged in social media while having a dinner with family or friends that is a problem, I fail to see how finding recipes online or taking a picture before you sit down to eat is a problem. I love cookbooks but I have four children, three with allergies that conflict with eachother. I simply do not have the money, nor the space to store, every cook book I might want. While I do not photograph the food I make, it is nice to see photos with recipes so I know what something new is supposed to look like!
 
If someone ever checks their phone or similar device during a meal with me without warning me in advance or excusing themselves reasonably, I make it clear that I will not ever eat with that person again until they guarantee that their focus will remain where it should be.
 
My daughter photographs her food, especially the food that she makes. I think she’s just proud of herself for preparing food that it attractive and delicious.

I didn’t realize that this is a trend! How funny!
 
My daughter photographs her food, especially the food that she makes. I think she’s just proud of herself for preparing food that it attractive and delicious.

I didn’t realize that this is a trend! How funny!
Didn’t realise it was a trend either although now that I think of it, I DO see more and more people posting pictures of food on facebook - usually it’s what they’ve made themselves but quite often it’s a photo of their restaurant meal.

I probably would take photos of the food I make if it ever looked good enough to photograph! I must have missed that class on ‘plating up’. 😃
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top