Solemnity Of The Annunciation

  • Thread starter Thread starter BVM_1221
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BVM_1221

Guest
Just out of curiosity, how many went to Church on Friday to celebrate this Solemnity? I did, but I am retired and have the spare time. It was a small turnout at our Church. Yet such an important day for our salvation.:byzsoc:
 
Just out of curiosity, how many went to Church on Friday to celebrate this Solemnity? I did, but I am retired and have the spare time. It was a small turnout at our Church. Yet such an important day for our salvation.:byzsoc:
I did! Mass, Stations, and Solemn Benediction.
 
Just out of curiosity, how many went to Church on Friday to celebrate this Solemnity? I did, but I am retired and have the spare time. It was a small turnout at our Church. Yet such an important day for our salvation.:byzsoc:
Yes, I went during my lunch hour. There is a church a block away from my job. There were about 35 people there including construction workers who stopped on their lunch break (that is cool to see).

The service was actually nice and brought home the reminder that the Annunciation marked the amazing event of God becoming man.

It seems that every Novus Ordo mass is a little different, but I’m beginning to pick up common elements.
 
Its a Great Feast in the Byzantine Rite so I was at Divine Liturgy yesterday. Didn’t make it to Vespers and Lytia the night before because I wasn’t feeling to well. There were 6 adults and 2 babies.
 
I had to drive a long distance for what I thought would be a low Mass but as it turned out, the couple that went with us knew a shortcut that saved us 30 miles and then the “low Mas” turned out to be a High Mass with Stations before the Mass. Wonderful evening.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top