Some Christians still believe Witchcraft doesn’t exists ? Well these locals say otherwise

  • Thread starter Thread starter englands123
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let’s put it this way—witchcraft is “real” insofar as there are people who believe they can control spirits. And there’s books about it and stuff.

However, they’re deceiving themselves, because no spirit is going to bow to a puny human. I can’t sit here and recite words and make your crops fail, or your goat’s milk turn sour.
 
Witchcraft and instances of sociopathic animal cruelty aren’t the same thing. If I had to guess at a most-likely cause, I’d say it was a copy-cat crime intended to terrorize the locals and give the perpetrator(s) a sense of power over them.

I would not think this is at all the work of pranksters, though. This kind of thing is one factor that lead lawmakers to enact strict penalites on people who commit animal abuse. It is not at all uncommon for these perpetrators to escalate to crimes against other people. A psychopath from that area could easily intend to use local fears of witchcraft when fantasizing about what sorts of crimes to commit to upset other people the most and to fill them with the most fear. I would take these crimes extremely seriously, but I would not automatically believe this is the work of literal Satanists. Under the influence of the devil, yes, but that’s a little bit different thing. (I mean this is most likely the work of someone who worships no one but himself.)
Hope they are caught and arrested.
And the sooner, the better.
Let’s put it this way—witchcraft is “real” insofar as there are people who believe they can control spirits. And there’s books about it and stuff.

However, they’re deceiving themselves, because no spirit is going to bow to a puny human. I can’t sit here and recite words and make your crops fail, or your goat’s milk turn sour.
Nature-worshipers who think they can influence nature by worshiping it are one thing. The human tendency to blame someone else when hard work leads to no crops or no milk is another.
 
Last edited:
I believe witchcraft doesn’t exist. I do not believe dangerous cults thinking they are doing magic don’t.
 
People at the village level in parts of Africa believe in witches; in fact they believe that everything that goes wrong is the work of some witch somewhere, if the ethnography I read in college is to be believed.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top