Some Help with Shorter Christian Prayer?

  • Thread starter Thread starter braeden_mackay
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

braeden_mackay

Guest
Okay so, I just got the Shorter Christian prayer book because I don’t have the time for the complete liturgy of the hours so I thought I would start with it and work my way up. I thought it would be much less complicated than the full Christian prayer, but I am stumped.

Could someone please breakdown how I use this book? I think I figured this evenings prayers out, but how do I know when the psalter changes and where and how do I incorporate the Sundays into it?? I am so lost with this right now. And if it isn’t too much trouble, could anyone give me a list of pages to mark with holy cards that are needed?

thank you so much whoever answers this!!!
 
We are currently on the 3rd week of the Psalter. After Saturday Morning Prayer, we will begin in the 4th week of the Psalter. After the 4th week, it returns to the first week of the Psalter.

As far a pages you want to mark:
Celebration of the Hours page 13 will tell you what the hours consist of.
Ordinary page 18 will tell you how to pray the hours
Proper of Seasons for 12th Week of Ordinary Time (for this Sunday) pg 515 this section contains the specific prayers for Sundays and other Solemnities like Christmas
Proper of Saints pg 546 is for the next feast which is the Nativity of St. John the Baptist, this is where prayers for saint feasts are found.

Lastly, if you are confused about doing the correct prayers you can check this website:
divineoffice.org/
 
Thanks marty1818! I understand it a little better now. What happens after ordinary time?
 
After Ordinary Time, you’d pull the prayers from the Advent section, which will be at the beginning of the Proper of Seasons. It follows the liturgical seasons.
 
divineoffice.org has the pages each day for both the four volume set and Christian Prayer, The Liturgy of the Hours.

You’ll get the hang of it in no time.

My wife and myself used the single volume for about 15 years with our OCDS group before breaking down and getting the four volume set.

Jim
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top