J
James224
Guest
Praise God! I’ll give you a couple of other things: Regarding the New Eve, In Gen 3, “Woman” is mentioned 8 times and in Apoc 12 it is mentioned 8 times. At the foot of the cross in John 19, Jesus, while on the cross refers to His mother as “Woman”. Why? Bishop Sheen says at the cross is a wedding? It’s a wedding between the new adam and the new eve and the first offspring in this mystical marriage is the apostle John. There is much more. Maybe I’ll pass it on in the near future.That’s interesting. I expect Protestants would find it weak, because they would argue (if they believed she is the Ark) that her soul is in Heaven, but not her body, and they would say that this could fulfill Rev. 11:19 and 12:1 as well.
Interesting thoughts. I hadn’t thought about how directly it blends the events of the first Adam and Eve with the events of the Second Adam and Eve. I’ll want to think more on this.
That is a good point. I hadn’t thought of that one, of how the Rev. 12 “woman’s seed” can only refer directly to the Virgin Birth and the Messianic prophecy of Gen. 3:15. I knew this was a reflection on Gen. 3:15, but I didn’t notice the reference to a “woman’s seed,” in Rev. 12. I believe Gen. 3:15 is the only other place in the Bible where it describes a woman’s seed. It is a direct reference to the Virgin Birth, for in this birth is the only place where the seed belongs to the woman and not to a man. Therefore you’re right, Rev. 12’s reference to the “woman’s seed” can only refer to the Virgin Birth.
I’m hoping to write a book on Marian typology. I’ll definitely include this point you made, if I get around to writing it.
Thank-you for enlightening me on this! I very much appreciate it![]()
.
![]()