M
mom2em
Guest
So my daughter and I have been back at the church now a few days over a whole month. I am quite happy to say that after having been away myself for 22 years. Since I was away so long and still quite new to it … there are some things I’m still ‘learning’ if you will.
Up until this weekend (well technically starting next Sunday the 6th) my daughter and I were attending the 10:30am Sunday morning mass. Next Sunday though, we will no longer have transportation to the church. I’d walk it for only it’s the dead of winter, with no sidewalks and shes four. **But ** our church offers mass on **Saturday at 5pm. **
I know for some places, any mass after 4pm would meet a persons Sunday obligation. We’re in Canada. Does this go for Canada too, does anyone know?
I’m sorry. I know this is an often asked question, but I could only seem to find answers pertaining to the US.
I’d love to continue going to Sunday morning mass but until the snow goes and walking is more feasible, Saturdays seem like they are our only option as the next nearest church is a half hour away (by car not by bus by bus its almost two hours) but even that isn’t too helpful as most masses are held at the same time or within a half hours difference.
Just want to make sure, it’s the right thing for my daughter and I to do in this situation. Once the spring comes and theres more walkways available than busy streets, I wouldn’t mind the walk to the church.
Oh! and if you’re still reading … the sacramental question! My mother brought me in a daily mass missal (St.Joesph) from 1964 that my grandfather gave to my grandmother on Mother’s Day (1965.) When I was going through it, I came across a little card in some plastic. Inside along with the little card, was an equally old rose petal. I believe it was a card for Saint Therese of Lisieux. I’m still reading up on saints myself so I was and am still unfamiliar with her. But especially with this sacramental. It says the rose petal has been touched to her relics (I also have a St. Anne card that was my great grandmothers that has been touched to St. Anne’s relics) and I’m really honestly not sure what I should do with either of them.
Forgive my ignorant and quite dumb questions, but I’m honestly trying to learn and any help is greatly appreciated.
Thank you VERY much if you’ve read this far.
Up until this weekend (well technically starting next Sunday the 6th) my daughter and I were attending the 10:30am Sunday morning mass. Next Sunday though, we will no longer have transportation to the church. I’d walk it for only it’s the dead of winter, with no sidewalks and shes four. **But ** our church offers mass on **Saturday at 5pm. **
I know for some places, any mass after 4pm would meet a persons Sunday obligation. We’re in Canada. Does this go for Canada too, does anyone know?
I’m sorry. I know this is an often asked question, but I could only seem to find answers pertaining to the US.
I’d love to continue going to Sunday morning mass but until the snow goes and walking is more feasible, Saturdays seem like they are our only option as the next nearest church is a half hour away (by car not by bus by bus its almost two hours) but even that isn’t too helpful as most masses are held at the same time or within a half hours difference.
Just want to make sure, it’s the right thing for my daughter and I to do in this situation. Once the spring comes and theres more walkways available than busy streets, I wouldn’t mind the walk to the church.
Oh! and if you’re still reading … the sacramental question! My mother brought me in a daily mass missal (St.Joesph) from 1964 that my grandfather gave to my grandmother on Mother’s Day (1965.) When I was going through it, I came across a little card in some plastic. Inside along with the little card, was an equally old rose petal. I believe it was a card for Saint Therese of Lisieux. I’m still reading up on saints myself so I was and am still unfamiliar with her. But especially with this sacramental. It says the rose petal has been touched to her relics (I also have a St. Anne card that was my great grandmothers that has been touched to St. Anne’s relics) and I’m really honestly not sure what I should do with either of them.
Forgive my ignorant and quite dumb questions, but I’m honestly trying to learn and any help is greatly appreciated.
Thank you VERY much if you’ve read this far.