I am starting this thread because the idea came to me when I was responding to a couple of other threads Today. It appears to me that indeed some things will never change. there will always be doubters, Just as there where when Jesus Himself roamed this world in human form. this thought came to me when I was responding to a person who was being called gullible by their mother for believing in God. before that, I was responding to a thread about masturbation, and a person came on there and said that masturbation is perfectly okay. has the secular world lost it’s mind? Yes. people telling others that sin is okay if it makes them feel good?, a mother calling her child gullible for believing in God? where do we draw the line here? the answer is simple, some people don’t and never will. Today we hear that masturbation is okay, abortion is okay, homosexuality is completely acceptable, divorce is really no big deal, etc. really? I would suggest that many people need to go back and check Sacred Scripture to see where God Himself stands on these issues. Sadly this all reminds me of when Pilate was standing face to face with the eternal truth itself and remarked, "Truth?, what is truth?
I think what I am hearing is that you are very discouraged at many of God’s children for not getting it…either through ignorance, or just not accepting God’s word…
Your frustration is palpable. Perhaps you need to hang around some converts for awhile… and I dont mean the ones who say they are Catholic, but think all the things mentioned above are ok…
I can tell you a miracle happens many times over, every day…in the hearts of people I know…who dont even believe in that Jesus is the Word Made Flesh…but are coming around.
I cant even begin to tell you all the things that have changed in my heart as a result of simply being among Catholics in church for SUnday Mass…(and of course, recognizing my need for God)
FOr one, I thought abortion was ok…I thought masturbation was ok, sex outside marriage and so on and so on…It was my love for Jesus that opened my eyes…not anyone telling me these things were not ok. I had heard of the 10 commandments, but never saw myself as a child of God…
If I had been perhaps invited to attend a Catholic Church before I was 42 ( I am now 43), then perhaps it would have happened ages ago…this conversion of the heart. We are all sinners and need to pray for each other… and point out to each other scripture if needed…but our greatest influence I think is in the lives of those we meet day to day…in our actions, our compassion and love for one another and sometimes our words.
By the way, I was baptized at birth RC, but adopted out of the faith at 15 mons. and never attended any church til my 20’s
God\s power, through Jesus, our saviour, cannot be limited and aren’t we limiting Him when we think some things never change.
ps God isnt finished with me yet