Somehow I feel the need to get a relic

  • Thread starter Thread starter Meemai
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Meemai

Guest
I feel like I can only get close to a saint or something if I had a relic.

So I find myself searching them, trying to buy them even… I know it’s a sin to do it, but I just feel angry, why a store closeby has a relic of a saint. They shouldn’t even have it. If I bought it would at least have a purpose.

Even though it’s hella expensive… I need you guys to talk me out of it.
 
You can get 3rd class relics where you only pay for the relic holder/medal that are quite inexpensive. This is a legitimate way to obtain them. People who are selling alleged 1st class or other relics for a high price are going against church authority I believe. Not sure about asking for a “donation;” seems like trying to find a loophole. But there are plenty of 3rd class relics to be obtained legitimately. Just google them.

Better yet, pray to the saint you want to get you their relic like I did with Padre Pio and got one of him for free!

Once I really wanted a certain first class relic of a saint to pray to not to own. Those are more for churches than personal ownership. I prayed to her for a first class relic of hers which were hard to find. After adoration one night I was telling my priest about this saint and he showed me there was a first class relic of her in my parish church the entire time, and he lets my venerate it whenever I want.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top