Songs that speak to our faith

  • Thread starter Thread starter apromisemade
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

apromisemade

Guest
I thought it might be fun if we shared songs that make us feel particularly close to God as they speak to our personal walk with Him. It doesn’t even have to be gospel music or whatever, it can just be any song that reminds you of your relationship with Him. My song that reflects what Christ has done for me in my life is “This I Promise You” by NSync. Everytime I feel stressed or angry I simply turn this song on and I feel like He is speaking to me, letting me know everything is going to be okay. It’s sort of “our song,” if you will 😛 .

*When the visions around you,
Bring tears to your eyes
And all that surround you,
Are secrets and lies
I’ll be your strength,
I’ll give you hope,
Keeping your faith when it’s gone
The one you should call,
Was standing here all along…

And I will take
You in my arms
And hold you right where you belong
Till the day my life is through
This I promise you
This I promise you

I’ve loved you forever,
In lifetimes before
And I promise you never…
Will you hurt anymore
I give you my word
I give you my heart (give you my heart)
This is a battle we’ve won
And with this vow,
Forever has now begun…

Just close your eyes (close your eyes)
Each loving day (each loving day)
I know this feeling won’t go away (no…)
Till the day my life is through
This I promise you…
This I promise you…

Over and over I fall (over and over I fall)
When I hear you call
Without you in my life baby
I just wouldn’t be living at all…

And I will take (I will take you in my arms)
You in my arms
And hold you right where you belong (right where you belong)
Till the day my life is through
This I promise you baby

Just close your eyes
Each loving day (each loving day)
I know this feeling won’t go away (no…)
Every word I say is true
This I promise you

Every word I say is true
This I promise you
Ooh, I promise you…*
 
I think for me, it would be You are loved by Josh Groban 🙂

Don’t give up
It’s just the weight of the world
When your heart’s heavy
I will lift it for you

Don’t give up
Because you want to be heard
If silence keeps you
I will break it for you

Everybody wants to be understood
Well I can hear you
Everybody wants to be loved
Don’t give up
Because you are loved

Don’t give up
It’s just the hurt that you hide
When you’re lost inside
I will be there to find you

Don’t give up
Because you want to burn bright
If darkness blinds you
I will shine to guide you

Everybody wants to be understood
Well I can hear you
Everybody wants to be loved
Don’t give up
Because you are loved

here’s the YouTube video:

youtube.com/watch?v=g9_Ot2qp1T0

🙂
 
O when the saints
Go marching in
O when the saints
Go marching in
O how I want
To be in their number
O when the saints
Go marching in

All you need is love
All you need is love
All you need is love, love
Love is all you need
Love is all you need
Love is all you need
 
I don’t know all the words to it, but I like “What sin?” by Morgan Cryar.

Bring the rain by Mercy me
Word of God speak, also by Mercy me
And, finally, Draw me close by Michael W. Smith
 
Cool! 🙂

It just occured to me another one that I really like is “The Little Drummer Boy.” It’s one that I can really relate to. For, like the little drummer boy, “I have no gift to bring…that’s fit to give a king.”
 
Schubert’s “Ave Maria”…

Ave Maria
Gratia plena
Maria, gratia plena
Maria, gratia plena
Ave, ave dominus
Dominus tecum
Benedicta tu in mulieribus
Et benedictus
Et benedictus fructus ventris
Ventris tuae, Jesus.
Ave Maria

Ave Maria
Mater Dei
Ora pro nobis peccatoribus
Ora, ora pro nobis
Ora, ora pro nobis peccatoribus
Nunc et in hora mortis
In hora mortis nostrae
In hora mortis nostrae
In hora mortis nostrae
Ave Maria
 
For me, it changes often, but I love the song ‘Footprints in the Sand’ by Leona Lewis.

You walked with me,
Footprints in the sand,
And helped me understand,
Where I’m going,

You walked with me,
When I was all alone,
With so much unknown,
Along the way,
Then I heard you say,

I promise you,
I’m always there,
When your heart is filled with sorrow,
And despair, I’ll carry you
When you need a friend
You’ll find my footprints in the sand.

I see my life flash across the sky,
So many times have I been so afraid.
And just when I, have thought I lost my way,
You gave me strength to carry on,
It’s then I heard you say,

I promise you
I’m always there
When your heart is filled
With sorrow and despair
And, I’ll carry you
When you need a friend
You’ll find my footprints in the sand.

When I’m with you,
Well I know you’ve been there,
And I can feel you when you say,

I promise you (you)
I’m always there
When your heart is filled (when your heart)
With sadness and despair (and despair)
I’ll carry you when you need a friend (need a friend)
You’ll find my footprints in the sand. (I promise you)

Ohh. (I’m always there)

When your heart is full of
Sadness and despair, (and despair)
I’ll carry you when you need a friend. (I’ll carry you)
You’ll find my footprints in the sand.

Uhh mmhhh.
 
And as we wind on down the road
Our shadows taller than our soul
There walks a lady we all know
Who shines white light and wants to show
How everything still turns to gold
And if you listen very hard
The tune will come to you at last
When all are one and one is all
To be a rock and not to roll
 
Spiegel im spiegel by Arvo Part (no words, just pure beauty :))

As for lyrics, a lot of stuff by Killswitch Engage seems to have a very Christilogical essence.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top