N
NeedsMercy
Guest
What a fun topic! Here are my favorites:
Lookin’ Out My Back Door by CCR:
Won’t you take a ride on the flyin’ spoon?
(I know what it means now, but not when I was a kid!)
Mellow Yellow by Donovan:
Electrical Banana
Is gonna be a sudden craze
Electrical Banana
Is bound to be the very next phase.
Macarthur’s Park by Richard Harris:
Macarthur’s Park is melting in the dark
All the sweet, green icing flowing down
Someone left the cake out in the rain
I don’t think that I can take it
‘Cause it took so long to bake it
And I’ll never have that recipe again, oh no
Anything by Led Zeppelin (and I’m a Led Head!)
Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey by Paul Mccartney and Wings:
Admiral Halsey notified me
He had to have a berth or he couldn’t get to sea
I had another look and I had a cup of tea and butter pie
(the butter wouldn’t melt so I put it in the pie)
Puff the Magic Dragon by Peter, Paul and Mary
Am I dating myself, or what? They don’t write lyrics like they did in the 60’s and 70’s anymore! Good times…
:dancing:
Lookin’ Out My Back Door by CCR:
Won’t you take a ride on the flyin’ spoon?
(I know what it means now, but not when I was a kid!)
Mellow Yellow by Donovan:
Electrical Banana
Is gonna be a sudden craze
Electrical Banana
Is bound to be the very next phase.
Macarthur’s Park by Richard Harris:
Macarthur’s Park is melting in the dark
All the sweet, green icing flowing down
Someone left the cake out in the rain
I don’t think that I can take it
‘Cause it took so long to bake it
And I’ll never have that recipe again, oh no
Anything by Led Zeppelin (and I’m a Led Head!)
Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey by Paul Mccartney and Wings:
Admiral Halsey notified me
He had to have a berth or he couldn’t get to sea
I had another look and I had a cup of tea and butter pie
(the butter wouldn’t melt so I put it in the pie)
Puff the Magic Dragon by Peter, Paul and Mary
Am I dating myself, or what? They don’t write lyrics like they did in the 60’s and 70’s anymore! Good times…
:dancing: