M
musicality
Guest
branch from this thread forums.catholic-questions.org/showthread.php?p=6203831I am dealing with a similar situation with my son’s girlfriend. My son is 17 and since this girl came into his life, he has made some bad choices regarding use of drugs, alcohol and sex. He has always been strong in his faith and we would talk about things like drug use and premarital sex. He would state that premarital sex is a sin of the flesh, and he would never do it, but then he meets this girl who is a year older, sexually experienced and has a reputation for being a party girl. I have seen her facebook and some of the pics of her and her friends are borderline soft porn and very inappropriate. She isn’t motivated by school and isn’t involved in any sports or activities, and her family is not religious. My son is in sports, wants to go to college, and is involved in the weekly church bible study and volunteers at church. He went to catholic school K-8, our family has always attended church regularly and we have dinner together at night and pray together. I can’t understand how he can be with this girl, and abandon the values that we have tried to instill in him. Since he met her, he has used pot, drank and lost his virginity. He is no longer using pot and is open to drug testing which we are pursuing. He seems to genuinely want to stay away from drugs, but the girlfriend is not up for negotiation. The more my husband and I try to reason with him about how this girl is not good for him, the more he resists. This relationship has had a detrimental effect on my son’s academics as she has more time on her hands than he has and pressures him to spend time with her when he should be studying. We just found out he snuck out of bible study a couple of times to hook up with her. It’s breaking my heart to see what he’s doing with his life and I feel like I don’t even know him anymore. What can my husband and I do to get through to him before it’s too late? I pray every day that God will find a way to get through to him.
Also praying for his gf who sounds very lost. *