Sons of Anarchy

  • Thread starter Thread starter LoganBice
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LoganBice

Guest
Anyone watched the show Sons of Anarchy? It’s a pretty good show, but it is pretty morally offensive so if you someone who can’t deal with that I don’t reccomand watching it. I think I does make a good point though. It shows that living a life of lies and violence destroys not only yourself but everyone around you. At least that’s what I take away from it.
 
Peace and all Good!
Anyone watched the show Sons of Anarchy? It’s a pretty good show, but it is pretty morally offensive so if you someone who can’t deal with that I don’t reccomand watching it. I think I does make a good point though. It shows that living a life of lies and violence destroys not only yourself but everyone around you. At least that’s what I take away from it.
I used to watch it, though I haven’t seen the last few series. You’re right, I think it did do a good job of chronicling the devastating effects of a life based on greed, lies & general depravity.
 
Peace and all Good!

I used to watch it, though I haven’t seen the last few series. You’re right, I think it did do a good job of chronicling the devastating effects of a life based on greed, lies & general depravity.
Television doesn’t help with real life. People have sexual relations, jump off buildings without a scratch and survive, get ran over by cars and get up… Some people think you can do these things with no consequences in reality. Most subtly the fornication/sexual things.
 
Television doesn’t help with real life. People have sexual relations, jump off building with a scratch and survive, get ran over by cars and get up… Some people think you can do these things with no consequences.
First: I don’t understand what point your trying to make

Second: nobody said tv reflects realism to the fullest degree

Third: realism depends on the show. Some are btter then others. Some shows show things as you suggested, some do not.

Fourth: sons of anarchy does a good job at showing where depravity gets you. Is it 100% accurate… Heck no but it still does a decent job and it is a show for entertainment value as well.
 
First: I don’t understand what point your trying to make

Second: nobody said tv reflects realism to the fullest degree

Third: realism depends on the show. Some are btter then others. Some shows show things as you suggested, some do not.

Fourth: sons of anarchy does a good job at showing where depravity gets you. Is it 100% accurate… Heck no but it still does a decent job and it is a show for entertainment value as well.
:hmmm: How should I explain. Sometimes I think TV can subconsciously alter our beliefs and it can “put ideas” into your head. I guess I’m just thinking out loud. I will look at your show though to understand it. I have not seen it. My point is that on a lot of subtle levels dramatic scenes and images can supplant ideas. People live out fantasies sometimes in TV and they can cross boundaries.
I am not pointing fingers at your show in particular.

HTH 🤷
 
:hmmm: How should I explain. Sometimes I think TV can subconsciously alter our beliefs and it can “put ideas” into your head. I guess I’m just thinking out loud. I will look at your show though to understand it. I have not seen it. My point is that on a lot of subtle levels dramatic scenes and images can supplant ideas.

HTH 🤷
Oh I most defiently agree with you. It is most dangerous for people who are not strong in their belifes. I for one make sure to check my views with the church teaching and anything that may be violating that I change it back quickly. I think people need to be strong in their faith and if they are obidiant to the church then they can always make sure to keep it in line.

Be forewarned this show is morally offensive so don’t be suprised. There is a lot of content in it that I see as “wrong” but also understand that this kinda stuff like , sexual relations, drugs, and violence do happen in the world.
 
Oh I most defiently agree with you. It is most dangerous for people who are not strong in their belifes. I for one make sure to check my views with the church teaching and anything that may be violating that I change it back quickly. I think people need to be strong in their faith and if they are obidiant to the church then they can always make sure to keep it in line.
My favorite show seem to be horror. Not that I would want to do anything, although it can look questionable. It’s the thrill of what will happen next. After seeing all the “saw” movies once there’s no thrill because you know what will happen. Unfortunately there’s nudity there that didn’t bother me before I came into the church. And the gore just has me literally jumping up and down. Thrillers. But these things do have an impact.
 
My favorite show seem to be horror. Not that I would want to do anything, although it can look questionable. It’s the thrill of what will happen next. After seeing all the “saw” movies once there’s no thrill because you know what will happen. Unfortunately there’s nudity there that didn’t bother me before I came into the church. And the gore just has me literally jumping up and down. Thrillers. But these things do have an impact.
I am also a fan of horror. Im more of a fan of paranormal and exorcism movies, not so much gory horror. I don’t much like the SAW or Hostile kind.
 
:hmmm: How should I explain. Sometimes I think TV can subconsciously alter our beliefs and it can “put ideas” into your head. I guess I’m just thinking out loud. I will look at your show though to understand it. I have not seen it. My point is that on a lot of subtle levels dramatic scenes and images can supplant ideas. People live out fantasies sometimes in TV and they can cross boundaries.
I am not pointing fingers at your show in particular.

HTH 🤷
I love to be entertained but I agree with you. My auntie said,“if TV and movies don’t influence people, why do commercials and ads cost so much?”

I have often noticed in certain " morality" plays or stories that the villain, the dark parts, the immoral parts are focused upon with a great sense of detail and fun, but no consequences; the virtuous parts get boring. It’s good to know there might be a show that presents the consequences of vice.
 
I love to be entertained but I agree with you. My auntie said,“if TV and movies don’t influence people, why do commercials and ads cost so much?”

I have often noticed in certain " morality" plays or stories that the villain, the dark parts, the immoral parts are focused upon with a great sense of detail and fun, but no consequences; the virtuous parts get boring. It’s good to know there might be a show that presents the consequences of vice.
Yeah it’s almost inevitable. In a secular world it’s hard to avoid. I just know where I stand morally.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top