Soros reshapes prosecutor landscape with crucial victories despite Democratic down-ballot struggles

• Thread starter Thread starter Maxirad
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
George Soros is a billionaire hedge fund manager who bankrolled anti-communist dissidents in central and eastern Europe. I think it is unlikely that he is any of the above. He is, however, a critic of market fundamentalism.

I wouldn’t call George Gascon fantastic. Unless it’s fantastic how he has let the victims of crimes know how little he thinks of them. Unless it’s fantastic that Gascon has mandated the dropping of all special circumstances in charges. Unless it’s fantastic that he not only won’t go for the death penalty, he won’t even go for life without parole. Unless it’s fantastic that Gascon’s time in San Francisco led to the current SF DA refusing to endorse him for the LA DA position.

Even my conservative acquaintances in LA County want their black female Democrat DA back. Gascon has only been in office eight days and there are already rumblings of a recall. Unfortunately state law apparently requires a 90 day wait period from the beginning of the term before a recall effort can be officially started. We’re about to find out how much damage Gascon can do in that time.

But of course @Balto1 doesn’t know zip about Gascon’s record, Balto1 thinks Gascon is just progressive peaches and cream and we just need to lay down for the criminals Gascon will put back on the streets.

Unless it’s fantastic that Gascon has mandated the dropping of all special circumstances in charges. Unless it’s fantastic that he not only won’t go for the death penalty, he won’t even go for life without parole.
Very fantastic, hopefully more prosecutors in the same vein take office.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back