W
wltdsnymom65
Guest
Hello…
I am in a dilema, and could use some advice…
A friend of mine recently went through a divorce that lasted almost 3 years. The other day when we were having lunch, she revealed to me that when her ex-husband moved out of their home, she contracted a moving company and took all his tools and woodworking equipment he had purchased and used over the last 25 years and put them in storage. They have a value of over $10,000. She told me she hid them in two storage units under her boyfriends name so her ex couldn’t find them, and she lied to the court and her attorney about the whereabouts of these items.
She told the court she assumed her ex husband had moved them out of the house on his own. She has asked me not to say anything about it to anyone.
She has also asked me to help her photograph all the items so she can put them up for sale and pocket the money.
I feel very uncomfortable and told her, if someone asks me directly I will not lie.
I’m uncomfortable with helping her sell these items in her storage units, because I feel like they were “stolen”.
She and her ex were only married for 5 years, and she did this out of spite…
Am I making more out of this than I need to? Should I go to the court clerk and tell them what I know? I feel like I’m an accessory to perjury after the fact…
I’ve been praying about it, but not sure if I should speak up or stay silent…
Thanks for any advice you can offer
I am in a dilema, and could use some advice…
A friend of mine recently went through a divorce that lasted almost 3 years. The other day when we were having lunch, she revealed to me that when her ex-husband moved out of their home, she contracted a moving company and took all his tools and woodworking equipment he had purchased and used over the last 25 years and put them in storage. They have a value of over $10,000. She told me she hid them in two storage units under her boyfriends name so her ex couldn’t find them, and she lied to the court and her attorney about the whereabouts of these items.
She told the court she assumed her ex husband had moved them out of the house on his own. She has asked me not to say anything about it to anyone.
She has also asked me to help her photograph all the items so she can put them up for sale and pocket the money.
I feel very uncomfortable and told her, if someone asks me directly I will not lie.
I’m uncomfortable with helping her sell these items in her storage units, because I feel like they were “stolen”.
She and her ex were only married for 5 years, and she did this out of spite…
Am I making more out of this than I need to? Should I go to the court clerk and tell them what I know? I feel like I’m an accessory to perjury after the fact…
I’ve been praying about it, but not sure if I should speak up or stay silent…
Thanks for any advice you can offer