Speaking in tounges

  • Thread starter Thread starter shannin
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
40.png
beng:
Spokenword, explain 1 Cor 14:27-28 to me.
When St .Paul wrote this because the corinthian church was having many problems and abuses in the church. This Gift here was a prophetic gift. It was spoken by believers and interpreted by believers so that the unbelievers would increase thier faith in Jesus Christ.If thier was no interpretation than the believers were to keep quite because nothing would be accomplished to build up the faith of the nonbeliever. This is the same gift [Spirit] as in the day of pentacost.It was for unbelievers to believe in the power of the Holy Spirit.I hope this answers your question in the search for Truth. 😉
 
HOLY MOTHER OF GOD!!!

Fr. Raniero Cantalamessa, OFM, CAP has lost any credibility.

Highlights:
  1. He got a ticket for an INTERDENOMINATIONAL gathering in Kansas where he caught his charismaticism fever
  2. He said that SOMEONE (we don’t know whether he’s Catholic or not) spoke prophetic words, which he describe as “authoritative messages spoken in the name of God.” Wow, even private revelation such as the approved Fatima doen’t have any authoritative power whatsoever.
  3. “This is a prophecy for the future of the church. One day the church shall be reunited in one single visible body. This is how it will happen; through all of us repenting, praying and weeping together, under the I,ordship of Christ.” But can you imagine, I was still very critical and said to myself: “This is very beautiful. No doubt this comes from the Lord, but I cannot accept it.” I was unprepared to understand the expressions of other Christian denominations, especially Pentecostals." …
… After this decision everything went smoothly, even though I resisted with all my strength. You must realize that I did my best. There was a moment during the prayer meeting when we were in the chapel praying, and I remember saying to myself: “I am a son of St. Francis of Assisi. I have a beautiful spirituality. What am I looking for among these lay brothers?” At that moment a lady opened her Bible and started reading. It was the passage where John the Baptist said to the Pharisees: “Don’t say in your hearts, We are sons of Abraham, we are sons of Abraham.”’

I assure you, this is the way the Holy Spirit builds when he is present in a gathering. He speaks in a simple but very, very strong way. So I stood up (speaking Italian because I did not know any English then) and everybody seemed to understand my Italian. I said: “Lord, I don’t want to say any longer that I am a son of St. Francis of Assisi. I ask you to make me a true son of St. Francis of Assisi. Baptize me with your Holy Spirit.” Then they prayed over me. I recall somebody saying: “Choose Jesus as Lord of your life.”

'nuff said.
 
40.png
SPOKENWORD:
When St .Paul wrote this because the corinthian church was having many problems and abuses in the church. This Gift here was a prophetic gift. It was spoken by believers and interpreted by believers so that the unbelievers would increase thier faith in Jesus Christ.If thier was no interpretation than the believers were to keep quite because nothing would be accomplished to build up the faith of the nonbeliever. This is the same gift [Spirit] as in the day of pentacost.It was for unbelievers to believe in the power of the Holy Spirit.I hope this answers your question in the search for Truth. 😉
First of all, you are wrong in saying the above because tongue should not be spoken infront of believers not unbelievers. But you got it right in saying that there should interpreter if it’s spoken amongst believer.

Now, do like wise and warn those who speak or pray tongue loudly amongst believers. Tell them that they have spirit of disobedience and should cease.
 
40.png
beng:
I’d take the word of Fr William Most anyday over some unknown theologian.
How about listening
to what the Holy Spirit is saying verses mans oppinions? :confused:
 
40.png
SPOKENWORD:
How about listening
to what the Holy Spirit is saying verses mans oppinions? :confused:
I am listening to the Holy Spirit. In fact I’m READING Holy Spirit, 1 Cor 14:27-28. Why are you being so stubborn?
 
40.png
beng:
First of all, you are wrong in saying the above because tongue should not be spoken infront of believers not unbelievers. But you got it right in saying that there should interpreter if it’s spoken amongst believer.

Now, do like wise and warn those who speak or pray tongue loudly amongst believers. Tell them that they have spirit of disobedience and should cease.
Beng ,You have let the spirit of confusion creep in. A believer is a christian. There are christians who are eating baby food and there are others who are eating steak. They are both christians but at different points in thier walk. Both the baby christian and the nonbeliever have thier faith built up by this gift when it is used correctly. Could you please retype what you are trying to say where I am in error? :eek:
 
40.png
SPOKENWORD:
Beng ,You have let the spirit of confusion creep in. A believer is a christian. There are christians who are eating baby food and there are others who are eating steak. They are both christians but at different points in thier walk. Both the baby christian and the nonbeliever have thier faith built up by this gift when it is used correctly. Could you please retype what you are trying to say where I am in error? :eek:
If thier was no interpretation than the believers were to keep quite because nothing would be accomplished to* build up the faith of the nonbeliever.***

First you said “believers” then “nonbelievers.”

Tongue is a sign for UNBELIEVERS. So people who don’t believe realize that there’s another person speaking with strange tongue as it is written (1 Cor 14:21 quoting Is 28:11-12).

For believers, they do not need to be amaze by strange language. Because they already believed. What they need is interpretati0on so they could understand what is being said. And that is how the Church shall be edified.
 
beng said:
If thier was no interpretation than the believers were to keep quite because nothing would be accomplished to** build up the faith of the nonbeliever.**

First you said “believers” then “nonbelievers.”

Tongue is a sign for UNBELIEVERS. So people who don’t believe realize that there’s another person speaking with strange tongue as it is written (1 Cor 14:21 quoting Is 28:11-12).

For believers, they do not need to be amaze by strange language. Because they already believed. What they need is interpretati0on so they could understand what is being said. And that is how the Church shall be edified.

Beng, Gods Prophecys build up up believers and non believers. Dont limit what God can and cannot do. :confused:
 
40.png
SPOKENWORD:
Beng, Gods Prophecys build up up believers and non believers. Dont limit what God can and cannot do. :confused:
The point is, the unbelievers would believe more if there’s strange language. Anyone can make a prophecy. What makes Christian prophecy worth more in front of unbelievers than, say, some pagan prophet’s prophecy? That is where the importance of sign of strange language.
 
Ok, Beng, tell me what have you learned in our talks about this gift so far? :confused: .
 
40.png
SPOKENWORD:
Ok, Beng, tell me what have you learned in our talks about this gift so far? :confused: .
That you realize that tongue should not be spoken when one is maongst believer but you’re not willing to stop people from doing so or even have desite to do such.
 
40.png
beng:
That you realize that tongue should not be spoken when one is maongst believer but you’re not willing to stop people from doing so or even have desite to do such.
Ok, so you believe that this gift is to be spoken to unbelievers only.I disagree with you. It builds and edifies believers and non believers. :confused:
 
40.png
SPOKENWORD:
Ok, so you believe that this gift is to be spoken to unbelievers only.I disagree with you. It builds and edifies believers and non believers. :confused:
No. I’m saying that when you see tongue amongst believer without interpretation that you should stop it according to 1 Cor 14:27-28. Can you do that? Can I hold you on that?
 
40.png
beng:
No. I’m saying that when you see tongue amongst believer without interpretation that you should stop it according to 1 Cor 14:27-28. Can you do that? Can I hold you on that?
Thats not what the Word of God says. It says we are to be silent when one speaks in tongues and there is no one to interpret. All the tongues I spoke to you was of no avail, but I am a patient man . I guess I learned it from 2 timothy4 2-4. 😃
 
40.png
SPOKENWORD:
Thats not what the Word of God says. It says we are to be silent when one speaks in tongues and there is no one to interpret.
1 Cor 14:27-28
27 If any speak in a tongue, let there be only two or at most three, and each in turn; and let one interpret. 28 But if there is no one to interpret, let each of them keep silence in church and speak to himself and to God.

The one who should keep silence is the one who speak tongue. That is the word of God. Now heed.
All the tongues I spoke to you was of no avail, but I am a patient man . I guess I learned it from 2 timothy4 2-4. 😃
Of course it would not have any avail because it challange the Word of God itself.
 
Will everyone please stop replying to Beng, so we can continue our discussions

SuZ
 
40.png
Mysty101:
Will everyone please stop replying to Beng, so we can continue our discussions

SuZ
I will reply to every charismatic related topic tho.
 
Please study what the Church teaches about xenoglossy, the spontaneous utterance of actual foreign tongues and glossalia, which I guess would be described as nonsensical gibberish, perhaps the result of ecstatic states.

I once had the awed privilege of witnessing a very holy priest lapse into what I swear was an actual foreign language and then snap back into consciousness.

Many people also consider him a great and holy man. His name is Fr. Theophilous Dicastry of St. Lucia, West Indies.

I don’t think I witnessed glossalia. Our eigth grade class was so hell-rasing that year that our teacher had to convene a special prayer session in the chapel for us.

While praying over our evil, destructive selfish souls he spoke in tongues.

No one there interpreted and I think only the teacher and I knew what tongues were.

In any case, that ended my days as the hellions rebel leader.
  • the good student
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top