Speaking in tounges

  • Thread starter Thread starter shannin
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
For those who are spiritually blind,Gods truth will not be seen. We walk by faith and not by sight. 😉
 
40.png
SPOKENWORD:
For those who are spiritually blind,Gods truth will not be seen. We walk by faith and not by sight. 😉
Let me make an xception and post this for you to respond.

Why did you leave (as in, not attend the Mass and do not follow it’s teadching 100%) the Catholic Church ?
 
40.png
beng:
Let me make an xception and post this for you to respond.

Why did you leave (as in, not attend the Mass and do not follow it’s teadching 100%) the Catholic Church ?
I love you brother Beng. The good thing about being a christian is that there is always hope for those who believe in Jesus Christ. God Bless you Brother.p/s Im going to saturate you with kindness. 😃 I do not wish to share my experience. Please respect my wishes. 😉
 
So, are you saying that I should NOT be concerned when 2 women pray over me, speaking in tounges simultaneously?

These women are both very devout Catholic women but after reading some of the other posts in here, I became a little concerned.

Blessings,
Shannin
why should u pray 2 god in tounges. god understands all language.
 
Shannin,
After reading some of the same posts as you in other threads I think it may well be miraculous that your post has been up for two days without anyone trying to frighten you away from tongues.
A couple quick points I’d like to add to the good posts by others.
"How can I tell if this is from God?"
Some basic thoughts on discernment.Do you know and trust the women praying over you? Do they exhibit not just “gifts” of the Spirit but “fruits”? I would not recommend allowing anyone whose spirituality you don’t know and trust to pray over you. Don’t be afraid to decline prayer from anyone you don’t trust.
  • Anytime someone prays over you say a simple silent prayer to the effect of:" I cover myself in the blood of Jesus and receive in this prayer only what is truly from God. Trust in the power of your own prayers and the Blood of Jesus and then receive what is from Him.
  • Does the prayer (or prophecy) bring peace? We must be careful not to judge on emotions but any work of the Spirit will bring peace to one who welcomes Him. He said, “My sheep know my voice” Spend more time in prayer and you will learn to recognize His voice no matter whose mouth He uses.
    One last note on those who quote this or that scripture to disprove modern tongues. This is what is commonly called a “proof text” and is Protestant. Don’t rely on anyones personal interpretation. If you read what the Church has said and done in regards to the Charismatic Gifts and Movement I think you will be assured. Trust in the wisdom of Mother Church.
This is great advice.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top