Spending Lent with Mary - 2015

  • Thread starter Thread starter MariaChristi
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MariaChristi

Guest
Dear Brothers and Sisters,

This coming Wednesday is Ash Wednesday and the beginning of the Holy Season of Lent. The imposition of Ashes on our foreheads reminds us of the sin of our first parents, bringing death into the world, and we hear: “Dust thou art, and unto dust you shall return.”. The tragic story in Genesis of the fall of our first parents is yet also the story of God’s promise to send His Son to redeem us through Mary.

As we begin the 40 days of Lent, in preparation for the great Paschal Mysteries of the Easter Triduum, we may want to ask our Blessed Mother to be with us on the journey. She who was promised by God as the Woman through whom He would send His Son, continues to be a beautiful part of His Plan for us.

Traditionally the Church encourages us toward “Prayer, Fasting, and Almsgiving”. May the Holy Spirit inspire many to seek a deeper relationship with God through Mary who always pleases the Trinity. Mary as the holiest of human persons can teach us so much about Prayer, Fasting and Almsgiving – for she is so entirely pleasing to God in her humanity.
 
Excellent post and I must say this season of Lent has particular importance to me given that I will be welcomed into the church at the Easter Vigil. Thank you for sharing that post with us.
 
Excellent post and I must say this season of Lent has particular importance to me given that I will be welcomed into the church at the Easter Vigil. Thank you for sharing that post with us.
Congratulations! Welcome! I am a convert myself of 6 1/2 years.

I am praying the Rosary daily during Lent as I have fallen away from that. I am trying to grow closer to Mary.

Thanks for the post to the OP.
 
yes, I shall be continually walking with Mary and Jesus through this time of preparation. I am recommitting to praying a full rosary every day, morning, lunch and evening, as it will be a discipline as I only prayer five decades a day normally. I’m wary of biting off more that I can chew, so this seems like a good start. Plus, no more caffeinated tea for me, just water. Mary, dear and Holy Mother of God, assist me in this as I try to mould my life ever closer to your dear Son.
 
yes, I shall be continually walking with Mary and Jesus through this time of preparation. I am recommitting to praying a full rosary every day, morning, lunch and evening, as it will be a discipline as I only prayer five decades a day normally. I’m wary of biting off more that I can chew, so this seems like a good start. Plus, no more caffeinated tea for me, just water. Mary, dear and Holy Mother of God, assist me in this as I try to mould my life ever closer to your dear Son.
Dear Eruvande, 7 Sorrows and LoveMorrissey,

Thank you all for your replies. The Rosary is a powerful prayer for each one of us individually as well as for the world. It brings untold treasures of grace. Thanks for your prayers.

You may be blessed as I was in reading this additional material on spending Lent with Mary posted by the University of Dayton - HERE

May this Holy Season of Lent draw all of us closer to God through Mary. Our world is in such desperate need of Him! As Mary brought Him to birth the first time, may her intercession bring him into every heart by a new birth now!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top