Spiritual pride

  • Thread starter Thread starter backtocatholic
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who is Jorge Mario Bergoglio? “I am a sinner. This the most accurate definition. It is not a figure of speech, a literary genre. I am a sinner."

Who can say it any better?

God Bless and Peace to all.
 
Thanks for all your replies.

Would it be correct to say that any sins in rebellion against God would be the mortal sin of spiritual pride, but that typically any sins where you consider yourself more spiritual than you are or look down on others who are not as spiritual would be more venial sins.

Would thoughts about things like why does God expect us to worship him, or a reluctance to honor Our Lady be considered mortal sins?

Also, pride about the quality of your confessions your level of self awareness in identifying your sins?
 
well in my case…it is inferiority complex…but I’d like to say that subtly it is really pride behind it (I dont know exactly how to explain it) but it somehow bothers me that some people are really holier and this makes me want to be like them.
Yes I fall so many times. I only realize it after the examination of the day. For instance, I fail so many times to humble my self in certain situations that doesnt really need my attention. Anyhow for me pride is really subtle. It is for me the deadliest and the most subtle of all the sins.
You might be right. Although i am not bothered by holier people; I think it is great that they are out there. I want to find them and learn from them. :idea:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top