H
hu324b
Guest
I have a question for Protestants about the doctrine of sola scripture - Timothy 3:16 is quoted yet when it was written no bible existed - so what scripture is Timothy referring to if the bible had not yet been put together - he would not of known of the bible.
I not trying to insult anyone - I just curious on how this can be explained that Timothy was speaking of the bible which did not exist at that time.
I read this some where else and always wondered how this would be explained.
At that time the early Christian community also thought the end of the world and second coming was imminent so he probably didn’t have some future vision of 2000 years down the road.
I not trying to insult anyone - I just curious on how this can be explained that Timothy was speaking of the bible which did not exist at that time.
I read this some where else and always wondered how this would be explained.
At that time the early Christian community also thought the end of the world and second coming was imminent so he probably didn’t have some future vision of 2000 years down the road.